OP
OP
Rogue

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Sorry to jump on another list item but deysha any love for the tech owners that have cooling problems ? Hopefully ford is lurking on the long cooler saga chain? Once again sorry to jump into other people's problems where ford is trying to help.Aperently going into limp mode is not a concern .
No please don't turn this into a Tech Pack thread - I might slit my wrists :lol:
Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Rogue - So what was the underlying problem? Was it an easy fix?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
OP,
Yes, please post the outcome. It's always appreciated not only to help others possibly trouble shoot a similar problem but as a courtesy to those who have followed the thread. Don't leave us wonderin' dude. ;)
Tks.

350_Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
06 Lincoln LS, 16 GT350
Interesting that this thread came back up...

I had this message pop-up last weekend, cruising 75mph on highway, and it went away as quickly as it appeared. I didn't even have time to snap a picture of it. I did drive the car again yesterday with no issue, Voltage is reading 12.4v.

Should I be concerned? In any case I am continuing to monitor it.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Interesting that this thread came back up...

I had this message pop-up last weekend, cruising 75mph on highway, and it went away as quickly as it appeared. I didn't even have time to snap a picture of it. I did drive the car again yesterday with no issue, Voltage is reading 12.4v.

Should I be concerned? In any case I am continuing to monitor it.
Is your voltage 'still' reading 12.4V? IIRC, my voltage reads +/- 14V reflecting what the alternator is charging the system at. I wonder if the 12.4V is just what the battery was at that time w/o the charging system operating.

350_Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
06 Lincoln LS, 16 GT350
Is your voltage 'still' reading 12.4V? IIRC, my voltage reads +/- 14V reflecting what the alternator is charging the system at. I wonder if the 12.4V is just what the battery was at that time w/o the charging system operating.
You are correct, probably was at the low operating range. Voltage is varying from around 12 to 14V.

Saw the message again this week, at highway speeds, voltage was 13.7V. Confused me even more because I have not seen the message while driving in -town, and it came on for the 2nd time, on the same highway, at the same speed, exactly one week later. :headbonk:

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I’m getting Charging System Service red message on my dash while on track today. It’s intermittent coming and going every few minutes. It didn’t do it on the 2hr commute in, and it’s cold out, upper 40s.

Car starts fine, so battery is working, my starter was replaced a month ago and seems strong, and I’m watching voltage reading on the screen and despite the message it’s staying between 14.5-15v while driving. I connected a battery charger and it reads 12.3v when car is off, and confirms 15v when car is on so that should mean the alternator is working fine as well.

I will say my 2017 battery is original, so despite starting ok, probably makes sense to replace that as the first step. I’m just worried it’s a failing alternator as that would leave me stranded and my friend’s lotus literally died first session due to a failed alternator in his car (voltage is only 12v with battery tender connected, after jump starting disconnecting his battery makes the car die instantly —- no bueno when your car just dies at 140mph on track and you lose brake booster).

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I’m getting Charging System Service red message on my dash while on track today. It’s intermittent coming and going every few minutes. It didn’t do it on the 2hr commute in, and it’s cold out, upper 40s.

Car starts fine, so battery is working, my starter was replaced a month ago and seems strong, and I’m watching voltage reading on the screen and despite the message it’s staying between 14.5-15v while driving. I connected a battery charger and it reads 12.3v when car is off, and confirms 15v when car is on so that should mean the alternator is working fine as well.

I will say my 2017 battery is original, so despite starting ok, probably makes sense to replace that as the first step. I’m just worried it’s a failing alternator as that would leave me stranded and my friend’s lotus literally died first session due to a failed alternator in his car (voltage is only 12v with battery tender connected, after jump starting disconnecting his battery makes the car die instantly —- no bueno when your car just dies at 140mph on track and you lose brake booster).
Hmm, so all day at the track got this message every min or two, but not a single time on the 2.5hr drive home.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
My car and other Shelby’s have had similar occurrences. In your case it sounds like the battery. But sometimes is the alternator pigtail which is cheap and easy. Other times it’s that alternator itself. Rarely, nothing seems to satisfy.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Hmm, so all day at the track got this message every min or two, but not a single time on the 2.5hr drive home.
That happened to me. It was a break in the sensing wire ( 1 of the 3 wires) at the electrical connector of the alternator
On track the g forces were enough to make the damaged wire loose continuity
A new connector piggy tail solved the issue

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Don’t remember if I updated this… they replaced the wires and didn’t fix. Replaced the alternator and Issued fixed, under esp warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited: