Sponsored

Changing the GT PP Shocks, Struts & Springs. What's available??

Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I did a pretty lengthy test drive in a GT with the PP and I could feel the lack of dampening (especially rebound in the rear) on just a spirited back road test drive. I feel it needs a fair bit more compression dampening as well. To be perfectly honest I was a bit disappointed in the aggressiveness of the PP shocks/struts, even for a street car. My first mod will definitely be a spring, shock & strut package.

So what is available at the moment? All of the spring kits I've seen use progressive springs, does anyone have a linear spring available yet? Has anyone announced an adjustable strut/shock package yet? I have to believe Ford Racing will have something out in short order.

I can't imagine how good this car will be with a proper suspension. Throw on light-weight wheels with some 285/305 rubber, sort the front brakes with a pad, fluid and line change, then top it off with a catback, cai & tune and I'm positive this car would absolutely annihilate an M4 on any track in the world. Sure, thats about $6k in mods but you'd be able to recoup 1500-2000 of it by throwing the take-offs on craigslist and I think it would transform the car much more than an $8k blower where most of your added performance is lost in tire smoke.

Anyways, just a little train of thought there. Anxious to see what's in the works for the S550.
Sponsored

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I did a pretty lengthy test drive in a GT with the PP and I could feel the lack of dampening (especially rebound in the rear) on just a spirited back road test drive. I feel it needs a fair bit more compression dampening as well. To be perfectly honest I was a bit disappointed in the aggressiveness of the PP shocks/struts, even for a street car. My first mod will definitely be a spring, shock & strut package.

So what is available at the moment? All of the spring kits I've seen use progressive springs, does anyone have a linear spring available yet? Has anyone announced an adjustable strut/shock package yet? I have to believe Ford Racing will have something out in short order.

I can't imagine how good this car will be with a proper suspension. Throw on light-weight wheels with some 285/305 rubber, sort the front brakes with a pad, fluid and line change, then top it off with a catback, cai & tune and I'm positive this car would absolutely annihilate an M4 on any track in the world. Sure, thats about $6k in mods but you'd be able to recoup 1500-2000 of it by throwing the take-offs on craigslist and I think it would transform the car much more than an $8k blower where most of your added performance is lost in tire smoke.

Anyways, just a little train of thought there. Anxious to see what's in the works for the S550.
So now you're back to Mustang?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Working with Ground Control and K/W right now for Coilovers. I know Kelly and the team at BMR are hard at work.
Sponsored