Cervinis Hood Strut Install problem

TheCorbco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Corbett
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gen 6, GT
Hey folks. Attempting to install the Cervinis Hood Strut to my 2019 GT. The bracket sitting atop the fender rail (upon which the strut is affixed on the ball )keeps twisting, so the base of the bracket is not sitting square, because of the pressure exerted on the bracket itself by the strut, when the bonnet is closed.

I have tightened the crap out of it, but not having any luck. I contacted Cervinis and confirmed the brackets under the hood are fitted correctly, so the alignment between the upper and lower bracket is per design.

The only thing left is the blot itself, which I plan to replace with a hex head, hoping the broader base of the hex may work better, but a long shot at best.

Anyone else experienced this? Any fixes? Does anyone know what or can suggest torque to apply to the bolt perhaps?
IMG_2330.jpg
Sponsored

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the nut has twisted and is coming out of the hole. If that is the case try to position the nut so it spans the hole and pull up on the mount as you tighten it.

OP
OP
TheCorbco

TheCorbco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Corbett
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gen 6, GT
Ok, so went and replaced the bolt with hex. The base plate, with the ball joint, just continued to twist at the contact point and was a real nightmare. I ended up having to wedge a piece of timber, with some creative engineering, to get the thing to hold enough for me to tighten it. While this one in the pic is ok, the one out of shot below the battery cover is still twisted and I have given up.

At the end of the day, the Cervinis product is not good quality and I would avoid them. If you look at the image here, you can see the basic nut weld onto a piece steel, which sits within the fender...It's cheap shit and not worth the money. The Roush strut kit is way better and has two contact points, so it does not twist like this. Way better and worth the extra pennies. I wish I had gone with that product.
Image-1.jpg

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Ok, so went and replaced the bolt with hex. The base plate, with the ball joint, just continued to twist at the contact point and was a real nightmare. I ended up having to wedge a piece of timber, with some creative engineering, to get the thing to hold enough for me to tighten it. While this one in the pic is ok, the one out of shot below the battery cover is still twisted and I have given up.

At the end of the day, the Cervinis product is not good quality and I would avoid them. If you look at the image here, you can see the basic nut weld onto a piece steel, which sits within the fender...It's cheap shit and not worth the money. The Roush strut kit is way better and has two contact points, so it does not twist like this. Way better and worth the extra pennies. I wish I had gone with that product.
Image-1.jpg
I agree. I had the same problem, along with other issues. The paint around there is all torn up on my fender now. BTW there customer service sucked, too.
Sponsored