Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
How much did it cost ?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I love my coating, but you get ONE big chip or scratch on her to get it fixed will now cost THOUSANDS. I have a chip in my door and because I'm coated to get it I'll need to get at least the 1 door repainted(possibly fender too to make sure the blend is right, then the panels re-sealed.

It sucks.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Ceramic coating should not affect the paint work. It will be removed by the paint prep process. A chip in the door will not require getting into other panels, if done by a good painter. The whole car will most likely be decontaminated to remove any silicone....the door witll be sanded down at the spot that needs repair....spot will be kept as small as possible....then primered, sanded, hit with color in the smallest area possible, then blend clear or reclear entire door, depending on skills of painter. The thing about blending into other panels is a trick to increase repair bill. Paint repair technology has greatly improved. If you are using a shop with the camera technology for color match you have no worries. When the repair is not buy a bottle of Meguiars Ceramic Wax and use if every time you are drying your car. A lot less expensive.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ceramic coating should not affect the paint work. It will be removed by the paint prep process. A chip in the door will not require getting into other panels, if done by a good painter. The whole car will most likely be decontaminated to remove any silicone....the door witll be sanded down at the spot that needs repair....spot will be kept as small as possible....then primered, sanded, hit with color in the smallest area possible, then blend clear or reclear entire door, depending on skills of painter. The thing about blending into other panels is a trick to increase repair bill. Paint repair technology has greatly improved. If you are using a shop with the camera technology for color match you have no worries. When the repair is not buy a bottle of Meguiars Ceramic Wax and use if every time you are drying your car. A lot less expensive.
Well tell that to the 4 body shops I got quotes from. And they were NOT low end places.