Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I was here when Irma hit. Got my generator ready. Hopefully I won’t need it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much will be a direct hit on me it seems, my county declaring state of emergency tomorrow, evacuations about to be ordered east of I-95.

I will have to go to sandbag stations and get some bags for my back slider doors to protect my pool from flooding up the angled deck into my house.

Hope heat and humidity dies down a bit because power will certainly go out, last hurricane it was out for 3 days.

City also activating it's drones to monitor storm and map out response areas as needed.

Deleted member 35786

Pretty much will be a direct hit on me it seems, my county declaring state of emergency tomorrow, evacuations about to be ordered east of I-95.

I will have to go to sandbag stations and get some bags for my back slider doors to protect my pool from flooding up the angled deck into my house.

Hope heat and humidity dies down a bit because power will certainly go out, last hurricane it was out for 3 days.

City also activating it's drones to monitor storm and map out response areas as needed.
Cant you drain some of the water of your pool?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I could but draining pools is dangerous business, could promote wall collapse from release of water pressure. The last hurricane was a cat 4 and the water didn't quite make it up to the doors, so this one which is a cat 3 will be even less, still a pain in the butt but the that's the price for living in paradise.

Pic shows distance water would have to travel up the slanted lanai to the slider door, its possible but that would have to be a lot of water.
IMG_9494.JPG

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Hide yo kids. Hide yo cars!

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Yeah Irma screwed me up. My company and house are just outside of Orlando so I’m already preparing for the worst. I’ve been 20 miles from ground zero from Andrew too so I always take these seriously!
I’ll be working all weekend as I am the one that will be keeping my company online and performing disaster recovery plans so we can still work.

Going to be a very stressful and complicated weekend. Hope my house holds up

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

My Dad lives right down there in Palm Coast as well Terry! I'll be heading down after to check in on him and assist where needed. I grew up in Florida and have seen my share of hurricanes. Stay safe and be careful.

Tim

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Stay safe my Florida friends! We are watching it from Louisiana as well.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Be prepared you all. We are watching closely from NW Florida along the Gulf Coast.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap, hurricane now expected to be cat 4 when it hits, new path now has it just south of Orlando, maybe the St. Port Lucie, Melbourne area.

So me in Palm Coast north of all that now looks relatively ok
Screenshot (325).png

Deleted member 35786

If it makes it into the GOM its all over.. Like pouring gas on a fire, that water is really warm.. Hunker down central Florida folks!!

OP
OP
MikeHTally

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The generators are ready, portable air conditioners tested and ready, food in the pantry and we cook with natural gas. All the cars are full of gas. I don't expect a direct visit, but it's expected to turn north once it's started to feed on the bath water, so it's possible.

I spent the day making sure our call centers are ready to take up the load. Monday may be a long holiday.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I don't know how you Floridians do it hurricane season after hurricane season.

Stay safe.
Sponsored