Catted headers and exhaust

Nutella5slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I recently purchased a mustang gt. Would like recommendations on a set of catted headers and a catback exhaust.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
ARH or Kooks catted long tubes. American made, amazing quality and fitment. As for the catback it all depends on the tone and volume you are looking for.

OP
OP

Nutella5slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
ARH or Kooks catted long tubes. American made, amazing quality and fitment. As for the catback it all depends on the tone and volume you are looking for.
I’m looking for something loud. I was thinking Corsa extreme. But that could be a little too loud?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa or Borla exhaust
So say $1K+ for a Corsa Sport Axle-Back, that's the straight through Mufflers same pipe diameter, same bends, and just shinier for that 'sound' housed in an echo chamber. Sounds legit.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I’m looking for something loud. I was thinking Corsa extreme. But that could be a little too loud?
That was exactly what I had. ARH catted LTH into the Xtremes are loud but got a bit trumpety to me. I added a pair of Vibrant resonators and killed the trumpety and brought the volume down a bit. I have since cut the Xtremes and Vibrants off but kept their double x and added AWE Touring "axle back". As loud as the Xtremes were without the trumpety tone and much more character in the lower rpms than the Corsas had.

If I had to do it over I would have done the Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes or AWE Touring from the beginning. You may also want to check out the Borla Attak.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Corsa has a COMPLETE setup for s550s that looks great and come with everything you need including new gaskets and O2 extensions. We also have multiple other options like TSP and Stainless Power which all are great build quality. Let me know if you have any questions. Lethalperformance.com

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It will be loud at first but it will slowly get softer. Drawback is so will everything else as you will be deaf.

That combo would be wake the dead loud. I ran catted headers with the S type Borla exhaust... Harley guys would give me dirty looks.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Nutella5slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
That was exactly what I had. ARH catted LTH into the Xtremes are loud but got a bit trumpety to me. I added a pair of Vibrant resonators and killed the trumpety and brought the volume down a bit. I have since cut the Xtremes and Vibrants off but kept their double x and added AWE Touring "axle back". As loud as the Xtremes were without the trumpety tone and much more character in the lower rpms than the Corsas had.

If I had to do it over I would have done the Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes or AWE Touring from the beginning. You may also want to check out the Borla Attak.

I just looked up some sound videos and they’re pretty impressive. Pretty cheaper than Corsa. What do you think about the awe track edition cat back.

OP
OP

Nutella5slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
It will be loud at first but it will slowly get softer. Drawback is so will everything else as you will be deaf.

That combo would be wake the dead loud. I ran catted headers with the S type Borla exhaust... Harley guys would give me dirty looks.
Lol yeah I don’t want it to be that loud. I wake up a lot earlier than my neighbors

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just looked up some sound videos and they’re pretty impressive. Pretty cheaper than Corsa. What do you think about the awe track edition cat back.
The drawback of the track version is the drone is pretty harsh. Don't let the "Touring" label fool you they are straight through and louder than the Corsa Xtreme mufflers but just like the Corsas zero drone.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The drawback of the track version is the drone is pretty harsh. Don't let the "Touring" label fool you they are straight through and louder than the Corsa Xtreme mufflers but just like the Corsas zero drone.
Here is a wot pull on the dyno after swapping to the AWE Touring rear end. Crappy phone mic but you get the idea

Sponsored