Sponsored

Catless headers and inspections

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
Just wondering what people do around the DFW area when it comes to emissions inspections when going catless? It seems like way to much of a pain to put the stockers back on. I was thinking some of the headers may have cats that can be swapped to free flow sections when not getting inspected. Just trying to see the best route to go and I never had to deal with emissions inspections before. Thanks.
Sponsored

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
So I have Texas speed headers catless basically it’s the cats pipe but hollowed out so it looks like you have cats

OP
OP

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
So I have Texas speed headers catless basically it’s the cats pipe but hollowed out so it looks like you have cats
Yeah I was looking at those headers, seem like a great deal. How have the inspections been with those on there? They say anything to you when you had it inspected?

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
No issues most shops do I visualized check on newer cars and don’t bother hooking it up to the emissions machine cause it should pass

OP
OP

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
No issues most shops do I visualized check on newer cars and don’t bother hooking it up to the emissions machine cause it should pass
Nice, I believe that's the route I'm gonna take. Thanks.

Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I took mine to a big name lube shop and they didn't care, but I have turbos lol. They actually didn't charge me either!

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I was wondering if O2 sensor extensions would work with catless headers to not throw a CEL.

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
That goes away with a tune they will turn it off
That won't work in my county. They plug into the computer to verify all systems are ready. With it turned off they will fail the inspection even if there is no CEL. That's why I was hoping someone can comment if the O2 sensor extenders will work.

Sponsored
OP
OP

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
That won't work in my county. They plug into the computer to verify all systems are ready. With it turned off they will fail the inspection even if there is no CEL. That's why I was hoping someone can comment if the O2 sensor extenders will work.
Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out as well. When my wifes Mini Cooper was done they did the plug in deal also. You had to drive around for so many hours with it plugged in. Maybe each county is different because I think I've seen some parts of TX that don't even have inspections. May have to move to one of those areas lol.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A tuner can completely disable certain monitors.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Just wondering what people do around the DFW area when it comes to emissions inspections when going catless? It seems like way to much of a pain to put the stockers back on. I was thinking some of the headers may have cats that can be swapped to free flow sections when not getting inspected. Just trying to see the best route to go and I never had to deal with emissions inspections before. Thanks.
I'm wondering the same thing in the Houston/Woodlands area. I have catted headers with a Lund tune. Since Lund turns of rear O2, its going to fail OBD2 check. So how are others getting around this cuz TONS of cars have headers....