Catch can and Roush SC

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Can somebody recommend a catch can that fits well with the Roush phase 2 SC? Thanks.
Sponsored

Paul C.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1 A10 401A Roush Phase 2 SC
Not an impossible task to remove and empty, but definitely can irritate ya. Lol

Sponsored

1SLwLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have the same dual can setup.

That looks like a nice product. How easy is it to check/empty the cans?
They accidentally sent me the drain line kit and that is definetly worth the cost. It is so easy to crawl under there with a catch pan and quickly drain the dirty side can without having to disassemble.

My clean side can hasn't caught anything and its been on there for about 20,000 miles. I haven't checked it in about 6,000 miles but it has been empty every time. If you're wanting to save some money, you could probably get away with the single can on the dirty side.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
safe your money man…if you blower needed catch can it would have came with them.
Using that logic, the N/A motor wouldn't need a catch can either. I have one on mine and it catches oil as intended.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Using that logic, the N/A motor wouldn't need a catch can either. I have one on mine and it catches oil as intended.
Does it NEED it though? It catches a little oil that would normally just be burned up.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Does it NEED it though? It catches a little oil that would normally just be burned up.
Well if you are content with unburnt oil coking on the top side of the intake valves, that's your business.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you are content with unburnt oil coking on the top side of the intake valves, that's your business.
good thing the 2nd gen coyotes are port injected, and ford added port injection to the third gen coyotes

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Can somebody recommend a catch can that fits well with the Roush phase 2 SC? Thanks.
I would not recommend any with our Roush set up. I had the UPR dual cans when they first came out. I recall vividly them giving me a vac leak and wreaked havoc on car. UPR sent me new driver side hose because it was leaking at compressed fitting after 1 month of owning it. Drivers side didn't collect any oil, only passenger dirty side. The new hose ended up leaking a few months down the road as well, sadly..... The hoses UPR provided are good quality continental hoses, have no idea why they would leak 2x...... I didn't make a big deal about it since they gave me the kit for free at the time being it was there newest can set up for Roush blown cars. I still have it, sitting in my garage. lol Quality cans and bracketry, poor metal to hoses connection.......
I ended up ripping it off and reattached stock roush PCV piping/hoses and never had vac leak, or oil leak issue again, never looked back.
Anthony

P.S. I had a JLT can before being boosted, was good. UPR dual cans after boosting.
Sponsored

Last edited: