Catback swap from PP2 to Mach 1

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Has anyone had any experience with swapping a catback exhaust from a 2020 PP LEVEL 2 to a Mach 1? I'm hoping that my Stainless Works Redline H catback that I have on my LEVEL 2 would be a direct swap onto the 2023 Mach 1 Handling Package that will be built in March.

Has anyone swapped a catback from a 2020 to a Mach 1 or have any insight?

Just asking here before I go through the process of messaging or calling Stainless Works.

Thanks!
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Has anyone had any experience with swapping a catback exhaust from a 2020 PP LEVEL 2 to a Mach 1? I'm hoping that my Stainless Works Redline H catback that I have on my LEVEL 2 would be a direct swap onto the 2023 Mach 1 Handling Package that will be built in March.

Just asking here before I go through the process of messaging or calling Stainless Works.

Thanks!
I mean since these cars are essentially a GT with stickers it should work.

Bit really is the stainless works an active exhaust compatible? If so shouldn't have any issues except the tips may no look correct on the rest valence.

OP
OP
Sabre

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I mean since these cars are essentially a GT with stickers it should work.

Bit really is the stainless works an active exhaust compatible? If so shouldn't have any issues except the tips may no look correct on the rest valence.

Yes...it is an active exhaust catback system. I was pretty sure that there were probably no changes...but about the time you start assuming something, you find out you were wrong. LOL

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Yes...it is an active exhaust catback system. I was pretty sure that there were probably no changes...but about the time you start assuming something, you find out you were wrong. LOL
You may find the Mach exhaust to your liking. It sounds much more aggressive than a GT. Many of us have added just an x or h pipe and have found the level the sweet spot without having to go full hog

OP
OP
Sabre

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You may find the Mach exhaust to your liking. It sounds much more aggressive than a GT. Many of us have added just an x or h pipe and have found the level the sweet spot without having to go full hog
Thanks...and I have heard the same opinion about the Mach 1 being a more aggressive sound than the standard GT. With 3 of us...a brother and a nephew and I, the stock exhaust should come out in one piece, swap the active exhaust motors over and the Stainless Works H pipe exhaust should go back in all in one piece too. The Redline Stainless Works H pipe catback was quite a bit more aggressive than the standard GT exhaust already.

Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
a cat-back for a GT won't work on a Mach 1, due to the diffuser, which is from a GT500
only GT500 cat-backs will work, unless you swap out the diffuser for a GT one

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
a cat-back for a GT won't work on a Mach 1, due to the diffuser, which is from a GT500
only GT500 cat-backs will work, unless you swap out the diffuser for a GT one
It will work as I had a GT500 diffuser on my GT, exhaust tips just look smaller and not as wide

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Thanks!
I would of thought your biggest problem is getting a HP built in March

OP
OP
Sabre

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I would of thought your biggest problem is getting a HP built in March
Nope....I have a VIN and production week date of March 6th.
Sponsored