Sponsored

cat deletes and tune?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
quick noob question... installing cat deletes, do i have to tune the car? will the canned tune for LT headers on the sct x4 work?

the reason why i ask is because i want to pull the trigger on the cat deletes right away... i'm buying a flex tune from PBD to pair with the new +18 IM, injectors, blah blah blah... so, do i have to tune? if i have to... can i use the canned one? or will be better if i do the IM swap and then do the deletes? the new tune will have the deletes as part of my mods...
Sponsored

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
Do all the mods and let PBD tune for them. Datalog and work with them to get it tuned right. Don't load a canned tune and cut the cats. Not worth risking a solid tune that PBD will give you. Patience.

OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do all the mods and let PBD tune for them. Datalog and work with them to get it tuned right. Don't load a canned tune and cut the cats. Not worth risking a solid tune that PBD will give you. Patience.
the PBD tune will be at the end... the reason why i'm asking is because one shop is going to do the cat deletes and then i have to drive the car to the shop doing the IM swap... i was planing on doing it myself but i'm being lazy and i don't feel like spending half sunday (only day off) working on that

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You will need to get a new tune for the cat without cats unfortunately. But the plus side is you will gain good power with the new tune. Hit me up if you would like to see what we can do for you on a tune. We have a PBD sale coming up here very soon. Lethalperformance.com

OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need to get a new tune for the cat without cats unfortunately. But the plus side is you will gain good power with the new tune. Hit me up if you would like to see what we can do for you on a tune. We have a PBD sale coming up here very soon. Lethalperformance.com
i'm buying the tune from you guys... when is the sale??

right now i only have the canned tune from the sct x4 with the jlt cai option... the question was if i can use the same canned tune but adding the LT headers in order to work with the cat deletes... just because i have to drive the car from one shop to another...

when i buy the tune from PBD i'll never look back to the canned tunes lol...

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
i'm buying the tune from you guys... when is the sale??

right now i only have the canned tune from the sct x4 with the jlt cai option... the question was if i can use the same canned tune but adding the LT headers in order to work with the cat deletes... just because i have to drive the car from one shop to another...

when i buy the tune from PBD i'll never look back to the canned tunes lol...
You will be able to run the tune to get it to the shop, but it won't run the best, I would limit how much you drive it and refrain from wot pulls until the new tune is on it. PBD should be going on sale first thing in April. Shoot me a PM if you need the tune sooner and I can see what we can do.

OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will be able to run the tune to get it to the shop, but it won't run the best, I would limit how much you drive it and refrain from wot pulls until the new tune is on it. PBD should be going on sale first thing in April. Shoot me a PM if you need the tune sooner and I can see what we can do.
no rush... specially if is gonna save me some money lol

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had an E 85 tune with PBD and when I installed my cat deletes, Trevor told me I did not need a new tune.I even sent him some logs to be sure. IDK anything about these canned tunes, but I'd suspect you would be fine running it. As Lethal stated I wouldn't be doing 60 to 130 rolls,but the car is not going to be hurt from normal driving.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Idk why you couldnt go ahead and get the full setup tune, load it, drive it easy to the exhaust shop, then drive to the IM shop, leave the IM shop and start datalogging

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Get the real tune. I would never use a canned tune on the device. The device is simply the vessel to load a tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vanquishvzla

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the real tune. I would never use a canned tune on the device. The device is simply the vessel to load a tune.
i needed something to run the POS JLT cai lol... i wish i kept the araid tube with the k&n drop in filter

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Canned Tune will not turn off the CEL. You will have to specify that with your tuner.
Honestly If you are N/A and you do a Cat delete you will probably only have the CEL unless you buy the J Extenders to make the rears read right.
But If i was you i'd wait and install when you get the flex tune. When you change something like an intake tube size it changes the metering which is why you need a tune to make it run right
Sponsored