Cat delete install

JoseLimon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I picked up some cat deletes a while back I’m wondering if anyone knows of a shop in the northern California area specifically around Sacramento that could get these installed for me?
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I picked up some cat deletes a while back I’m wondering if anyone knows of a shop in the northern California area specifically around Sacramento that could get these installed for me?
Dude! NO SHOP IN Cali will do this. Totally not smog legal. Nationwide is not even smog legal.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Dude! NO SHOP IN Cali will do this. Totally not smog legal. Nationwide is not even smog legal.

I had mine installed by a muffler shop here in the Bay Area in December of 2020. I also found a performance shop close to me, that was willing to do it. There are shops that will do it. You just have to call around and explain what you want done. I guess, since I had the stock cats have flanges welded onto them and re-installed, that helped. I just drove the car home and swapped the flanged catalytic pipes for the cat delete pipes in my garage.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hell no shop anywhere now will do this.
Buy jacks and cut it out yourself or swap yourself.

Here where I’m at there’s a place where can rent a lift. Or militsry base hobby shop

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not worth it when you get caught. They will eventually catch you.
Whether some Karen or LE thinks your car is too loud, or you get pulled over for something entirely different. It’s not cheap.
It’s a $2750 Federal fine and thousands more from the State.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Really bad idea to get on here and advertise. I just saw the Smog Nazi's here on the side of the road last Friday. They are watching and in time they will find you. Get smart.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Wow this forum has gone to crap lol. "No one will do this" haha. I can send you a list of 20 shops rn that I know for a fact will take a sawzall to your cats and you'll leave with cat deletes in 45 mins for under $200. All of them will install these as well. Unfortunately I am in socal so wont be much help. But don't listen to these guys, 70% of car guys in cali dont have cats....shops do it every day.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wow this forum has gone to crap lol. "No one will do this" haha. I can send you a list of 20 shops rn that I know for a fact will take a sawzall to your cats and you'll leave with cat deletes in 45 mins for under $200. All of them will install these as well. Unfortunately I am in socal so wont be much help. But don't listen to these guys, 70% of car guys in cali dont have cats....shops do it every day.
not a single shop near me, and my best friend owns a shop. It is not a joke. if you get pulled over having cat deleted or anything of that nature, and you say "this shop did it" they will be fined out the ass. if its any shop with a decent reputation, they will not touch cats now.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
not a single shop near me, and my best friend owns a shop. It is not a joke. if you get pulled over having cat deleted or anything of that nature, and you say "this shop did it" they will be fined out the ass. if its any shop with a decent reputation, they will not touch cats now.
With all due respect your friend owning a shop and not doing something is not relevant whatsoever. I am very involved in the car community here in LA, multiple friends with all kinds of shops, and I can tell you for a fact you are wrong. Of course if you just call shops and ask "hi will you remove my cats on my street car" you will get a ton of negatives. However you use a bit of thinking and pick the right kind of shop, arrive with cash you will get the work done. CA shops have been doing "illegal" modifications for longer than both of us have been alive, I don't understand why anyone thinks it's any different now. Where there is someone willing to pay, there is always someone willing to do. As for the consequences I never disagreed with you there, it is "serious" trouble. But so are engine swaps, pretty much any boosted setup etc and there is no shortage of those either. If OP was in Socal I would take him to the necessary shops myself.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
that can do attitude will shut down a legit shop instantly. here, someone who gets pulled over, will immediately say where it was done and boom, here come the fines. I forget how much it was, but he said in the thousands per citation/violation. I mean, can't blame them. they have nothing ti lose "I DONT WANT TICKET, GOT IT DONE @ this shop!" here come the fed with fines.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ah crap guys. I did NOT mean to thread crap. I thought this was in general discussion, I just saw this is local section California. it popped up in "new feed" and I didn't see was for Californians.

I wish we could get away with work like that here at a local shop. I mean, I could borrow lift and do it, but it would be hush hush, but not a customer getting work done.--- that said, being California, I would imagine it would be 10x more strict, I mean they literally started the anti cat cutting revolution with fines.
Sponsored