Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Has anyone switched to a carbon fiber drive shaft? If so, which one and how do you like it? I've been researching for two weeks now between QA1 and The Driveshaft Shop. Can't decide, and I saw a questionable video on youtube about the driveshaft shop not honoring their warranty.
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just out of curiosity, what necessitates the switch and what are the benefits assuming one hasn’t turned the factory shaft into a pretzel?

OP
OP
Golgo69

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Lighter and the power distribution is more efficient that OEM two piece shaft.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I run a QA1 CF driveshaft.

Noticeable faster response in revving/shifting.

QA1 is a beautufully made DS, fantastic hardware.

Some NVH, i have some vibration in the early 3k rpms, that is gone pretty quick.

I have not tried 90 degree rotation to see if the vibes change. Not a huge deal for me.

OP
OP
Golgo69

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I run a QA1 CF driveshaft.

Noticeable faster response in revving/shifting.

QA1 is a beautufully made DS, fantastic hardware.

Some NVH, i have some vibration in the early 3k rpms, that is gone pretty quick.

I have not tried 90 degree rotation to see if the vibes change. Not a huge deal for me.
What is NVH? I called to order one and they were asking questions I did'nt have the answer to. I would think all they needed to know was make model and year? I have 2019 BULLITT. Did you have to tell them anything specific?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Golgo69

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
"NVH". figured it out. Noise and vibration huh??? I thought if you lined it up as they have it color coded there would be no vibration

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
NVH = Noise vibration harshness

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey @tj@steeda how about some input on this? I see y’all offer QA1, Driveshaft Shop, and your own Steeda one piece upgraded driveshafts. I didn’t find any of your typically informative videos on the subject. Thanks!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the video we did on the 1350 Driveshaft -

Sponsored
OP
OP
Golgo69

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
We run the https://www.steeda.com/qa1-jj-21216-s550-10r80-carbon-fiber-driveshaft on our Steeda Silver Bullet - what kind of information are you specifically looking for?

TJ
Hey TJ, I started this thread with questions about the two different brands of carbon fiber driveshafts. I had made my mind up and was going to go with the QA1 DS but when I called QA1 they were asking me questions (can't exactly remember because they had my head spinning) that I did not know but I would have thought that it would be as simple as telling them, "I want the carbon fiber driveshaft for a 2019 Ford BULLITT manual".

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey TJ, I started this thread with questions about the two different brands of carbon fiber driveshafts. I had made my mind up and was going to go with the QA1 DS but when I called QA1 they were asking me questions (can't exactly remember because they had my head spinning) that I did not know but I would have thought that it would be as simple as telling them, "I want the carbon fiber driveshaft for a 2019 Ford BULLITT manual".
Herb,

Shoot me your contact info to [email protected] - I will run this by our lead tech, in regards to what questions may be needed to be asked - I look forward to hearing from you!

TJ

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Is there any difference in driveshafts for those with the Tremac manual? I see auto and 6 speed driveshafts but I don’t know if there are different lengths due to differences in the 2 different 6 speeds transmissions offered.

OP
OP
Golgo69

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I will say that nearly every vid ive seen of a CF driveshaft fail it was one made by DriveShaftShop. Not sure if that's coincidence, but just what Ive noticed.
agreed
Sponsored