Carbon fiber dash trim

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The whole CF dash gloss thing causing glare is a myth. I live in a desert climate in California....zero issues. This is even before I had tint all around including windshield.
If anybody has had issues, please post.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The whole CF dash gloss thing causing glare is a myth. I live in a desert climate in California....zero issues. This is even before I had tint all around including windshield.
Yup, Not remotely in the line of sight and not distracting at all.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's not JUST the dash, it's any shiny components that can reflect toward the driver. Screen (like the Tesla screen), trim pieces that are shiny/reflective, etc.

And aside from annoyance of shiny parts reflecting in your face, shiny CF looks cool to ricers and those who aren't familiar with quality. Dry CF is more expensive and higher quality and doesn't need gobs of binder or resin and therefore you don't need tons of UV protection like the cheaper wet or infusion CF.

I guess what I'm saying is that it runs totally counter intuitive that the high gloss CF is actually cheaper than the boring matte looking dry CF.

I have prepeg dry CF parts on my car and would prefer a matte finish. Not reflecting in my face is just a bonus and I'd certainly like all the interior parts to have a matching finish (so it wouldn't do much good to have a shiny dash piece and then have dry/matte finishes on all the other little trim pieces that will absolutely reflect)
Sponsored