Car Ran Terrible Tonight :(

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I'm sure the ECU is sophisticated enough to determine octane/fuel quality on a dynamic basis to ensure the motor is running the best it can. Older ECU makes some sense.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
It splits my wig you guys buy a 5.0 and run less than 93.
every day. cost me $26 to fill up today :headbang:

you do know not every where has 93 right? lol

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm sure the ECU is sophisticated enough to determine octane/fuel quality on a dynamic basis to ensure the motor is running the best it can. Older ECU makes some sense.
Actually modern ECUs can take up to 3 tanks of gas to recalibrate for a HIGHER octane. However it can recalibrate very quickly if it senses knock.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
There is a station on my way to work that sells 101 octane. I've been wanting to try a tank. Would it make any difference over 93 on a stock car?

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
There is a station on my way to work that sells 101 octane. I've been wanting to try a tank. Would it make any difference over 93 on a stock car?
Unless you are tuned for higher octane gas, gains will be there, but they will be limited.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Glad its feeling better

Unplugged ECU overnight with a full tank of 91....Car seems to be running much better. No clue what the issue was. Checked intake it was clear.
Great for you. I hope it stays that way. Could have been alot of things. Now get to that track and base line it....mod it and base line it again and after that rinse and repeat...rinse and repeat.....well you know the rest !!!:)
Sponsored