Sponsored

Car Ran Terrible Tonight :(

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Took her out for a cruise with some other mustangs and stop light to stop light this thing felt like it had no throttle response and very soft in the lower RPMs. No idea whats up with it but it seems to be running sluggish lately. Anybody experienced this? 70 degrees low humidity felt comparable to my 2007 GT honestly..Dont really know how to take it to the dealer and say its just not as fast as it was with no codes showing....:confused:
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
bad gas?

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Im not sure yet...I was running about a 1/4 tank of 87 and put another 1/4 of 93 in it with no difference. Ive noticed it in the last week or two just seems flat until about 4k...In fact I accidentally hit redline hard the other day cuz the power was just not coming on like I have been used to.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
From a dead stop and rolling out, I sometimes get bogged down in the lower RPM range of 1st gear. It might be torque management or clutch protection kicking in.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Tune and and better gas for sure.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Take it to the dealer first with good gas in it and have it checked.
I wouldn't void my engine warranty first.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Took her out for a cruise with some other mustangs and stop light to stop light this thing felt like it had no throttle response and very soft in the lower RPMs. No idea whats up with it but it seems to be running sluggish lately. Anybody experienced this? 70 degrees low humidity felt comparable to my 2007 GT honestly..Dont really know how to take it to the dealer and say its just not as fast as it was with no codes showing....:confused:
. Check your air box, filter, and snorkel (rear of grille) for obstructions as it sounds akin to an induction system issue (sounds like whatever it is its before it hits the Mass Airflow Sensor)

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Why are you running the 87? I doubt that the dealer will do anything without a code being present, and issue most likely relates to running 87 in the car.

The cost savings is marginal per tank, and only opens you up to getting low quality fuel as well.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Why are you running the 87? I doubt that the dealer will do anything without a code being present, and issue most likely relates to running 87 in the car.

The cost savings is marginal per tank, and only opens you up to getting low quality fuel as well.
There are zero issues running 87 and savings aren't marginal at all.

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
:eek:
. Check your air box, filter, and snorkel (rear of grille) for obstructions as it sounds akin to an induction system issue (sounds like whatever it is its before it hits the Mass Airflow Sensor)
This. It sounds like it's starving for air. I cleaned my Airaid filter a couple of weeks back and it's amazing what a difference cleaning 6 months of Texas pollen out of the filter made. I had the same symptoms - just sluggish at the get go.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

has nothing to do with 87, get out of here with that. seriously.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
The butt dyno isnt reliable. Use gps and run some times. Just because you're getting beat by cars you think should be slow doesn't mean your car is broken. Also check the driver mod.

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The butt dyno isnt reliable. Use gps and run some times. Just because you're getting beat by cars you think should be slow doesn't mean your car is broken. Also check the driver mod.
lol I wasn't getting beat I was just comparing it to a 3v 4.6 that I drove for many years. I didn't really get beat in that car either.
Sponsored