Yellowsnowman

Yellowsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt base
Go ahead and put me down for it being labeled type writer tick bbq tick. Took them a few days to get to me and works had me running circles with new state requirements coming into play so I haven’t had a chance to update. However taking it in after the oil change will help me down the road when the engine lets go to fight ford with my 100k warranty I bought with it.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Go ahead and put me down for it being labeled type writer tick bbq tick. Took them a few days to get to me and works had me running circles with new state requirements coming into play so I haven’t had a chance to update. However taking it in after the oil change will help me down the road when the engine lets go to fight ford with my 100k warranty I bought with it.
Do you have any other clips? Do you have an aftermarket exhaust as it sounds like a leak. If not that, maybe the DI pump is a bit louder than others. Does it sound like that all the time, when cold, when hot?

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
Your video sounds just like my 2019 GT does. It seems to depend on temp of the engine as to how loud it will be (colder its louder). I did my first oil change and used Mobil 1 5w20 full syn.

Mobil 1 is fine to use right? Is the more common oil to use for the Coyote Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w20 ?

OP
OP
Yellowsnowman

Yellowsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt base
Do you have any other clips? Do you have an aftermarket exhaust as it sounds like a leak. If not that, maybe the DI pump is a bit louder than others. Does it sound like that all the time, when cold, when hot?
no modifications, only does it sometimes, not consistent and only when at operating temp, outside temp has no barring on the effect. I had my oil changed at the dealer so it seems the brand has nothing to do with it.
My last car was a DI, so no, it’s not the DI especially since I feel the tick in the shifter (manual) when sitting at a light.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
no modifications, only does it sometimes, not consistent and only when at operating temp, outside temp has no barring on the effect. I had my oil changed at the dealer so it seems the brand has nothing to do with it.
My last car was a DI, so no, it’s not the DI especially since I feel the tick in the shifter (manual) when sitting at a light.
Can you get a better clip with the hood open and near the engine and from under the car?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
And this all started after the first oil change ... so you never heard this noise until the oil was changed, right? If so, then I can't see it being exhaust leak or DI pump related as those things don't change noise after an oil change.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
And this all started after the first oil change ... so you never heard this noise until the oil was changed, right? If so, then I can't see it being exhaust leak or DI pump related as those things don't change noise after an oil change.
An oil change is irrelevant to these noises. He probably did not notice them. Many have posted they heard the noises before an oil change. I have yet to see any before and after an oil change clips.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An oil change is irrelevant to these noises. He probably did not notice them. Many have posted they heard the noises before an oil change. I have yet to see any before and after an oil change clips.
Lots of guys have reported the BBQ ticking starting after the first oil change. Even Ford's SSM 7718 about the BBQ Tick (aka Typewriter Tick) says it can start after an oil change.

Ford SSM 7718.png

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Ford trying to weasel out of a manufacturing problem. Yes it may not be detrimental to the engine but when we paid big money for our car it didn't tick. As a matter of fact of it did tick at the showroom, I wouldn't have baught it. Why would it tick after an oil change. Are they using some sort of additive in the factory to mask the issue?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Lots of guys have reported the BBQ ticking starting after the first oil change. Even Ford's SSM 7718 about the BBQ Tick (aka Typewriter Tick) says it can start after an oil change.

Ford SSM 7718.png
Yes i am aware of the bulletin, Seems more likely it was written that way to dissuade people from thinking it is a problem. My car makes the same noises it did before and after an oil change. Friends that have them is the same. Sure, you can put some additive in to quiet it a bit, but there is nothing bad about a little ticking once in a while. You guys worrying too much about a little noise. Just drive it or sell it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes i am aware of the bulletin, Seems more likely it was written that way to dissuade people from thinking it is a problem. My car makes the same noises it did before and after an oil change. Friends that have them is the same. Sure, you can put some additive in to quiet it a bit, but there is nothing bad about a little ticking once in a while. You guys worrying too much about a little noise. Just drive it or sell it.
Yes, some people (like you) have said the ticking can start before the first oil change, but there's also been many people who have reported the ticking didn't start until after the first oil change. The BBQ tick is so all over the place that nobody has figured out the true root cause of it yet.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trying to weasel out of a manufacturing problem. ... Are they using some sort of additive in the factory to mask the issue?
Never know ... maybe the magical XL-17 (basically carbon black) additive that the Ford field reps use to use for the ticking.

OP
OP
Yellowsnowman

Yellowsnowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt base
The noise seems limited to the passenger side of the motor. No the noise or the feeling of the tick being in the shifter was not there prior to the oil change here is a longer clip not pretty or perfect.
Sponsored