Sponsored

Can't pick a color, they all look so good!

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I've been going between the new GTI with Performance Pack and the Ecoboost Mustang with Performance Pack also. Both are about the same price in base trim but the Recaro's would make the Mustang a little more expensive but not by much.

I was set on Guard after seeing it in person but i've been thinking about the Comp Orange and the Deep Impact Blue recently. I don't like the black wheels, wish we could get the silver or gunmetal ones from the factory so i'll have to change them out with some silver TSW Bathursts eventually. Which color do you guys think would look best with these wheels? I'm also afraid i would get tired of the Orange but it would be unique, probably won't be many in my area.

Thanks for any input!!
SAM_0513.jpg
roush2.jpg
MustangHDRblue.JPG
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
haha that's my pic of the co rs2! also that pic you got of the DIB is definitely enhanced... it isn't that bright.

but

/thread :D

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
CO looks good when the sun is out, but otherwise runs flat with no sun.
flat???

sun is down and 2nd barely up. pics were before I lowered it here.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I vote CO of course, but you can't go wrong with DIB or guard, or any color for that matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Khyber, your car looks amazing!

I'm going to wait until the 16's come out and hope i can get a deal on a leftover 2015 model unless the 16's have some changes i like such as different color wheels for the EB PP 19's. I want something unique so if i haven't seen an Orange locally by the time i'm ready to buy i'll probably go for it.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I vote CO of course, but you can't go wrong with DIB or guard, or any color for that matter.
The only colors i wouldn't buy for sure would be yellow, race red, and black. Black looks good but my current car is black and its too much trouble. I've never liked bright red or yellow on anything personally though.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
You will always second guess your color choice. Just go with your best choice.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Starting to think about other things like resale value and the base car with Recaro's comes up to 31,200 as i have it equipped. I liked the leather seats in the Premium PP car i drove saturday and don't really need the Recaro's so maybe a Premium for 33,300 would be better in the long run. I would like to add the 50 years or Recaro's to a Premium but $35k is too close to base GT territory.

I'm glad i have time to figure all this stuff out, i'll know the right color combo when i see it in person. Thanks for everybody's help!

This car is at our sister Ford store, i work for this company so if anybody is looking for a pretty rare base model Ecoboost with Manual trans and Performance Pack here it is. I like the Ceramic cloth interior too. If i could buy right now i'd get it but i have to wait a few months.
http://northpointford.com/North-Lit...rd/Mustang/2015-EcoBoost-Silver-Car/36334408/

Last edited:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I like the black wheels of the PP but this is what I wound up for my winter wheels. They look very good too. Also, CO looks great in any light.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
thinking of resale value on a depreciating asset makes no sense lol. it's a car...at the end it's going to be worth diddly squat anyways no matter the color.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That ceramic cloth looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Wish they would have offered it in red as well, I could have saved $4K....

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
thinking of resale value on a depreciating asset makes no sense lol. it's a car...at the end it's going to be worth diddly squat anyways no matter the color.
Apparently you've never shopped for an 03/04 Cobra. Certain colors definitely get taxed, specifically CO. They probably bring in $2-3k more than other colors with all other things being equal. Obviously no 2015 will pull the same premium because there are so many being produced in every color.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I was set on guard as well, until it was announced that the euro-spec custom pack would get silver wheels and chrome side accents. Now I am going for the DIB, as I really liked the combination with that color. (see the Paris motor show pictures elsewhere on the forums for reference)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Apparently you've never shopped for an 03/04 Cobra. Certain colors definitely get taxed, specifically CO. They probably bring in $2-3k more than other colors with all other things being equal. Obviously no 2015 will pull the same premium because there are so many being produced in every color.
certain cars are obviously an exception. In general though where there are a million mustangs out there or any other car it still won't be worth anything for a long time. so on that front, agreed.

to your point though...that's another reason why I love CO... it's only been on certain mustangs. Cobra and Boss and I might be missing another but you certainly don't see them much.
Sponsored