Sponsored

Can't Find Rotors (welcome to the club??)

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
I need a set of front rotors to have in my trailer for an event next week and can't seem to find them anywhere -- backordered until mid September. I've located a right side front (crossed drilled) and need to find the driver's side for my 2017 base GT350. (would prefer the non-drilled but anything is better than nothing)

Anyone have ideas? Suggestions? Getting jammed up here -- not 100% sure I can get through three days at Watkins Glen with what I have on the car and need backups.
Sponsored

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I need a set of front rotors to have in my trailer for an event next week and can't seem to find them anywhere -- backordered until mid September. I've located a right side front (crossed drilled) and need to find the driver's side for my 2017 base GT350. (would prefer the non-drilled but anything is better than nothing)

Anyone have ideas? Suggestions? Getting jammed up here -- not 100% sure I can get through three days at Watkins Glen with what I have on the car and need backups.
I just bought and received a complete set of rotors for my car from Girodisc. So I know they're currently in stock.

If you buy into what they say, they're much better at dissipating heat than stock. And aren't cross drilled so you don't have to worry about cracking. Girodisc's rotors also have reusable hats so you can replace just the rotor itself, saving you some dough down the line when you need to replace again.

I'm installing mine this weekend but immediate impression out of the box is high quality stuff and it should be for the price.

OP
OP

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
I just bought and received a complete set of rotors for my car from Girodisc. So I know they're currently in stock.

If you buy into what they say, they're much better at dissipating heat than stock. And aren't cross drilled so you don't have to worry about cracking. Girodisc's rotors also have reusable hats so you can replace just the rotor itself, saving you some dough down the line when you need to replace again.

I'm installing mine this weekend but immediate impression out of the box is high quality stuff and it should be for the price.
Giro is high quality stuff that I've used in the past, but not what I am looking to do.

OP
OP

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
🙄

Doesn't sound like you read my original post... there are none to be had in stock. All major vendors are back-ordered until September. Once again... I have found one right side front rotor on a shelf at a vendor and need to scout one more.

So, in other words -- it IS that hard to find rotors that need to be shipped within a day or two. And yes, Lethal does not have any.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you are going after original Ford rotors and have the Ford part numbers, just plug the actual Ford part numbers into Google, Bing or eBay. Usually you can find much more inventory that way, than just hitting up a few Mustang specific vendors.

OP
OP

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
If you are going after original Ford rotors and have the Ford part numbers, just plug the actual Ford part numbers into Google, Bing or eBay. Usually you can find much more inventory that way, than just hitting up a few Mustang specific vendors.
Thanks -- been working on that. Fingers crossed -- no luck yet.