Sponsored

Can't decide

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would imagine zero, given it's been a year since they heard from you. :D

If you do decide to try the dealer before a solicitor, have a little root around on google and see if you can find some actual relevant laws governing this kind of thing as going in there blind and asking for a grand from over a year ago is probably not going to go well. If you can quote some facts to him then he might cave before you have to get a solicitor on the case.
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well guys having been a devout Audi man for years I felt that it was time for a change after having a few warm audis ..... 2011 S4 saloon, 2014 SQ5, 2014 S3 saloon (especially as they just won't release a RS3 saloon in the uk ......... Cook wits!! ) .

At the moment I am torn between the full fat 5.0GT manual or the new focus RS , now I know this is a awesome mustang forum but would like to hear anyone else's story on how they came to choose their mustang.
My head says be sensible and get the 5dr hatch ( almost certain the wife is going for a focus st diesel hatch on a very cheap lease deal so this could be the sensible choice to allow the mustang [emoji48]) but the heart says go for the V8 and RWD but I am stuck as prices between them make no odds , neither does fuel economy as I work offshore month on month off so six months of the year it won't really do that much mileage ( wife might use it for dd duties ) .

It would be easier if the new RS was a dog or just fwd then it would be a hands down win for the V8 . I did pop up to Inverness before going offshore a few weeks ago to see the new mustang and it's certainly a looker, and they invited me back up last week to test drive the V8 mustang which I haven't yet managed but defo will.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To me Audis all look very similar, most people would think that you are driving a regular A4 even though you are in a RS4. The Mustang and even the RS to a lesser extent will stand out in the crowd, while also offering similar power levels for less money compared to the Audis/BMWs. Remember you are paying more for the premium badge and even more for options.

Back in May this year I had actually put down a deposit on the Focus RS, but then I had this doubt in my mind about it that's when I started to consider the Mustang GT as I had always wanted a V8 RWD car with plenty of power. I thought about it for a while and then ended up transferring my deposit over the Mustang in July. I had my doubts about whether the RS was the right choice but since transferring my deposit over to the Mustang I haven't looked back :D

At the end of the day it is up to you but personally I think that the Mustang is the superior car.

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
I know what your saying to a certain extent but there is no way you could confuse a regular A4 with a RS4, even one look at the wide arches would tell you straight away .

Yes everything on a Audi / bmw is a option and yes you are paying for it , but for me the modern Audi and bmw cabins are a very very nice place to be, now I am not saying that a mustang or RS isn't but it's never ever going to be on the same level , but for £35k you can't expect it too

Going to need to have a serious chat with the dealer as I am defo not prepared to wait a year for a car , judging by the waiting times others are quoting . It may require a rethink or keep my eyes peeled for any cancelled orders

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I know what your saying to a certain extent but there is no way you could confuse a regular A4 with a RS4, even one look at the wide arches would tell you straight away .

Yes everything on a Audi / bmw is a option and yes you are paying for it , but for me the modern Audi and bmw cabins are a very very nice place to be, now I am not saying that a mustang or RS isn't but it's never ever going to be on the same level , but for £35k you can't expect it too .

Going to need to have a serious chat with the dealer as I am defo not prepared to wait a year for a car , judging by the waiting times others are quoting . It may require a rethink or keep my eyes peeled for any cancelled orders

It's supposedly a 9 month wait now. But looking at the history of the U.K. Mustang release, that could be well over a year away :)

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
It's supposedly a 9 month wait now. But looking at the history of the U.K. Mustang release, that could be well over a year away :)

Yeah from what I have read it seems to be a complete shambles and really doesn't inspire much confidence

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah from what I have read it seems to be a complete shambles and really doesn't inspire much confidence

On the flip, I was told a year, (13 months to be exact, but 1 month was my own doing) and now i'm being told March (Ordered 11th Aug)

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
So the saga goes on and on ? , I am guessing that ford have seriously underestimated what success the mustang would be in the uk as I am pretty sure any other manufacturer would have made a royal song and dance about it

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Order for mine placed May 4th
Car at dealers this morning 7/8 months.

Expected delivery was march 2016 so a litre earlier than planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Yes everything on a Audi / bmw is a option and yes you are paying for it , but for me the modern Audi and bmw cabins are a very very nice place to be, now I am not saying that a mustang or RS isn't but it's never ever going to be on the same level , but for £35k you can't expect it too

What I meant with the A4/RS4 was that the typical person that sees a car as something to get from A to B wouldn't probably know it was something special, they would probably walk past it without a glance.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Exactly. As I said, LEGALLY they can only keep an amount to cover their losses, which in the case you've outlined, are zero!

You may even be entitled to interest too. :D Personally I'd be inclined to screw them over for as much as possible given what you've said about being a good customer, never mind the fact that they tried to mug you off, no doubt in the full knowledge that they are legally bound to return your deposit.

I'll take a set of floor mats, thanks. ;)

Well finally got through to the solicitors and sadly it didn't go the way I was hoping , so according to the law because it was me that cancelled the "contract" I am not entitled to my deposit back and legally they could have made me proceed with the order.

So I thought I would try and thanks for everyone's input .

On another note the dealer in Inverness is saying that they still believe it's going to be September or October , but I heard a rather odd thing from people's ford today that they are only doing a years run on the mustang and the RS ?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well finally got through to the solicitors and sadly it didn't go the way I was hoping , so according to the law because it was me that cancelled the "contract" I am not entitled to my deposit back and legally they could have made me proceed with the order.

On another note the dealer in Inverness is saying that they still believe it's going to be September or October , but I heard a rather odd thing from people's ford today that they are only doing a years run on the mustang and the RS ?

Surely can't be a year run on the Mustang, they're still taking orders and it's been nearly what, two years since they started taking orders :doh:? Maybe they're referencing the model year (as in the 2015 mustang?)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS

That's too bad re the deposit.

I think September is now a realistic timeframe, things are speeding up and the process is getting slicker. Now with the added bonus of a dedicated customer support team, it seems to be making a difference.

The Mustang will have a five year run, with a mid term, 2017/18 facelift. There's the possibility of one of the more powerful models coming over in the last year of production, from what I've been told.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
...........................but I heard a rather odd thing from people's ford today that they are only doing a years run on the mustang and the RS ?

Well if a dealer told you; it must be true.
:bolt:

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange

Just ordered mine from Inverness... asked what would happen if for some reason I had to cancel and was told that they cannot legally withold my deposit! Mixed messages...:paddle:
Sponsored