Sponsored

Can't decide

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I used to be a BMW guy...drove an E92 M3, 335IS, etc...both great cars. I never thought I would own a Mustang, especially after owning an M3. Now, they are not comparable cars, but one drive in the GT sold me...I was blown away by the looks, drive, V8 power, value, etc...plus I felt like it was a more back to basics/pure driving experience. Cars like the BMW (and your Audi's) have become too clinical and sterile. I made the right decision...good luck with yours!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
It's always nice to get a bit of subjective decision making , plus it's time to choose something other than the default Aberdeen choice ( Audi S/RS )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At the start of reading this thread my initial thought was, if you can't decided between the RS and the Mustang GT, go with the Focus RS as the Mustang doesn't have enough appeal to you thus making the RS the sensible choice. But, I see, as you've read some responses, the appeal is starting to become more obvious

Power, drivability & running costs = Focus RS
Some of the above + heaps of soul = Mustang GT

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
It's always nice to get a bit of subjective decision making , plus it's time to choose something other than the default Aberdeen choice ( Audi S/RS )

very much this for me. I want something different from the S/RS folks up this neck of the woods. Who wants to be the same? Yes Audi will try and throw discounts your way - I know, I've spoken with them(!), but when every second car in the car park is already an Audi, gimmie something different for less cash plus some spare change in your pocket for mods :cheers:

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
very much this for me. I want something different from the S/RS folks up this neck of the woods. Who wants to be the same? Yes Audi will try and throw discounts your way - I know, I've spoken with them(!), but when every second car in the car park is already an Audi, gimmie something different for less cash plus some spare change in your pocket for mods :cheers:

Another biggie for me was the way I got treated with Aberdeen Audi and their complete lack of compassion to what's actually going on in the industry .

Rewind to December last year and I had decided that it was time to step in to my ultimate Audi , a nice facelift RS6 with just a few options ( nearly 87k [emoji33][emoji33]) now man logic and the sums worked so all was good and I was going to be a very very happy bunny in April/may .
Yeah that was until subsea7 announced that they would be reducing their worldwide staff by 2400 !! And our offshore days would be dropping which also meant a 10k reduction in wages !!,so I thought it best to throttle back on car outgoings so sadly it meant cancelling the RS6 [emoji24].

Here was me thinking they would understand being exposed to the industry and probably 90% of their sales , not to mention the RS had not yet been given a build slot ................ How wrong I was .
I was given two choices , cancel the order and loose your £1000 pound deposit or order something else but it must be built and delivered by the end of Q1 ( bearing in mind this is mid January now ) , so ended up cancelling the order and loosing my small deposit .

For me I will never cross their doors again even if they are giving R8 s away , I was a loyal customer who had already bought three new cars from them within a short space of time and this was how I was treated, which is a shame too as they always had time for me and the wife

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You need to speak to someone about that as I can almost guarantee that deposit should've been returned to you.

It's a common misconception that a deposit for a new car is non-refundable but it almost always is not the case.

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Yeah tried that but it was like pissing into the wind they just kept saying it was non refundable

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No, I mean speak to a legal professional.

They are only entitled to keep the amount to cover any losses they may have and since it's unlikely Audi charge them to reserve a future build slot they LEGALLY have to return the whole deposit to you.

Seriously, go use the free half hour most solicitors offer, tell them what happened, they'll write a letter for £50 and the dealer will probably fold straight away.

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Might go and try that mate , after all the grand is better in my bank than anyone else's

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Might go and try that mate , after all the grand is better in my bank than anyone else's

Exactly. As I said, LEGALLY they can only keep an amount to cover their losses, which in the case you've outlined, are zero!

You may even be entitled to interest too. :D Personally I'd be inclined to screw them over for as much as possible given what you've said about being a good customer, never mind the fact that they tried to mug you off, no doubt in the full knowledge that they are legally bound to return your deposit.

I'll take a set of floor mats, thanks. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Is there a time limit as I was just looking at my order form and it was dated 03/11/2014

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Absolutely no idea. Although if I had to take a guess, I would say no as it's not a case of a builder didn't do some work that was paid for or someone else not doing a half-arsed job of anything; it's a clear cut case of a dealer keeping a £1K deposit they had no right to with, I assume, an extremely clear paper trail i.e. bank statements & relevant correspondance?

Either way, go see an actual solicitor & they'll confirm what I've said about returning your deposit minus their costs, which for a car without even so much as a build slot, will be zero. The cheeky bastards.

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Welcome to the world of Aberdeen Audi making up their own rules to suit

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Ditto what other have said. If they do not have to take delivery of that car, they have no right to hold that deposit. Tossers!

OP
OP

Scorchio69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New toy req,d
Going to try the dealer principle tomorrow and see what luck if any I have ?

Sponsored