Sponsored

Can you get a better/nicer set up then SYNC 3 ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm looking at buying a new 2017 and a few of them don't have the 8" SYNC set up. I love the clean look of the OEM set up and love good car Audio and using XM radio.

Anything better and nicer?
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I'm looking at buying a new 2017 and a few of them don't have the 8" SYNC set up. I love the clean look of the OEM set up and love good car Audio and using XM radio.

Anything better and nicer?
Nope.... nothing looks as good as the factory sync3... my 2017 is a base car with the 4.2" and i did the sync3 swap and love it.... it looks sooo much better.

Last edited:

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Sync looks great, but I would rather have a Alpine top of the line DD.

Sponsored

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
You think alpine or something like that is the way to go over the Sync?
To me the Sync is just a pretty face. With a nice aftermarket HU you will get way more audio controls and RCA outs. I guess it depends on the results you are after.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Sync does lots of stuff but audio sucks

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sync 3 plus a DSP and the proper routing of the signal path sounds better than any Alpine or Clarion or Pioneer. (When used with aftermarket amplifiers) Like it or not aftermarket HU's are NOT what they were years ago. The OEM I work for uses a HU with the same basic board as one of the most popular HUs out there. We know from testing The Ford ACM with a $60K lab grade oscilloscope that when programmed with the proper As Built Data the freq. response is dead flat at ALL volumes. Plus the Scoushe and Metra kits look like complete ass. As far as RCA's that issue has also been solved.

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync 3 plus a DSP and the proper routing of the signal path sounds better than any Alpine or Clarion or Pioneer. (When used with aftermarket amplifiers) Like it or not aftermarket HU's are NOT what they were years ago. The OEM I work for uses a HU with the same basic board as one the most popular HUs out there. We know from testing The Ford ACM with a $60K lab grade oscilloscope that when programmed with the proper As Built Data the freq. response is dead flat at ALL volumes. Plus the Clook like complete ass. As far as RCA's that issue has also been solved.
You are just the person we need to talk to about as built data. We are floundering around looking at different as built data from different mustangs and F150's trying to guess what we are doing. We would like to kill the ANC & ESE without cutting lines to the DSP. And maybe a flat eq?

Any kind of info on how's and ways you program these things we are flipping bits in the dark.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You are just the person we need to talk to about as built data. We are floundering around looking at different as built data from different mustangs and F150's trying to guess what we are doing. We would like to kill the ANC & ESE without cutting lines to the DSP. And maybe a flat eq?

Any kind of info on how's and ways you program these things we are flipping bits in the dark.
You're talking about a Premium EB car? What specifically do you want to do?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're talking about a Premium EB car? What specifically do you want to do?
Mine is 5.2L GT350 with 9 speaker with DSP. I would like to turn off ESE and a flat eq at all volume levels.
Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored