Sponsored

Camber and caster plates

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just ordered a pair of Eibach pro kit springs.1inch drop all around. About to get them installed when mechanic ask me if I'm installing camber caster plates. Do I need them for a inch drop or should I just put the springs on and get an alignment? What exactly do they do? Thanks
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
For a 1" drop, skip them.

Take advantage of that beautiful camber you get from that drop.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
After having the Pro-kit installed my front camber was able to get adjusted to about -1.6 in the front and the rear sat at around -2.2. Some people will actually like those numbers but I'd rather go with what Eibach publishes, which are around -1.0 for the front and -1.4 for the rear.

You can have camber bolts installed on the front which give you around +- 2.5 of adjustment. The rears have camber adjustments and I'm not sure by how much. I'll be taking mine in again for another adjustment as I just had the camber bolts installed.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Will my tires wear faster without the camber and caster plates?
Depends on how much toe and camber they are able to adjust with the stock adjustability.

I'd suggest doing what I did, buy the lifetime alignment, have them adjust to acceptable limits, have them give you those numbers then do some research to see if you are happy. If not, you can get some camber bolts for $30 and have them installed for another $50-$75, then go back for another alignment.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I got my car lowered by a inch. My alignment in the front was off. Stock setup doesn't allow for camber adjustments. So to be safe and get proper alignment and not get mushy steering I went with some camber plates.
Sponsored