corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I constantly see this argument and it's an awful argument for not progressing electric cars.
A better argument might be the tremendous cost involved.

Norm
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This electric car thing reminds me of the CFL lightbulb push, that didn't work either.

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I see Radio Shack making a comeback as the new Auto Zone when EV rules the road :crackup:

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Yeah, what would Brooks know about being a Car Guy ...

1629833735607.png

It means he owns lots of cars. I don t base my opinion of people based on money.
I am well aware of his car collection (which is awesome).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It means he owns lots of cars. I don t base my options on people based on money.
He's a pretty cool guy, totally into cars, driving, drag racing, sharing the results - seriously, he's a real enthusiast - the audio thing was clearly done just for stupid fun.

You can own high dollar vehicles __and__ be a "car guy", that's not mutually exclusive :)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I get it. I just thought that he was promoting a little hard on the speaker outside the car thing producing sounds not made by the car. IMO that s is ridiculous .

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I get it. I just thought that he was promoting a little hard on the speaker outside the car thing producing sounds not made by the car. IMO that s is ridiculous .
Oh, it's silly as hell, and Teslas have external speaker systems from the factory, so you can broadcast all sorts of goofy shit, like steel drum music or coconut/horse sounds :D

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Oh, it's silly as hell, and Teslas have external speaker systems from the factory, so you can broadcast all sorts of goofy shit, like steel drum music or coconut/horse sounds :D
I wasn't aware of that. Makes me glad all tesla owners by me have some class and don't use it.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
As soon as fast charging hits, the ev will sell. And then in 2 years when that fast charging has killed that 5-10k battery pack, the love of ev's will be over.
If I was an oem, I would not be putting all my eggs in the ev basket.
If, by chance the world moves to a work at home 98% of the time for much of the cubical hive workers, with them having to go to the office once every week or two. the ev might take hold. If the population is really going to try to save the world, they will have to move to this work at home, schooling from home life style . Then an ev will make more sense as you don't need to drive much and a charge will last all week or longer, allowing a battery pack life span to last the service life of the vehicle for most peoples use/needs.
Time will tell if we move to this type work force.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
If they plan to sell an EV sedan with the Camaro name attached I suggest they attempt to sell the current model. The Camaro name won't mean much if they just let the current car wither and die.

Mustang was able to become a brand because of it's popularity. While I think the Mach E (Ford Hand Job) waters down the Mustang name I do recognize Ford was at least in a position to do it.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
As soon as fast charging hits, the ev will sell. And then in 2 years when that fast charging has killed that 5-10k battery pack, the love of ev's will be over.
If I was an oem, I would not be putting all my eggs in the ev basket.
If, by chance the world moves to a work at home 98% of the time for much of the cubical hive workers, with them having to go to the office once every week or two. the ev might take hold. If the population is really going to try to save the world, they will have to move to this work at home, schooling from home life style . Then an ev will make more sense as you don't need to drive much and a charge will last all week or longer, allowing a battery pack life span to last the service life of the vehicle for most peoples use/needs.
Time will tell if we move to this type work force.
Fast charging will get there, just give it time. Cell phones used to take forever to charge. Flagship cell phones these days can charge to full in around an hour. Some of that can be attributed to using a different USB type though. Phones used to use Micro USB B also called just Micro USB. They switched to USB C that has greater capability for not only power throughput but data throughput. I know I'm rambling, but give EVs some time to develop just like cell phones and their development. It will come.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Fast charging will get there, just give it time. Cell phones used to take forever to charge. Flagship cell phones these days can charge to full in around an hour. Some of that can be attributed to using a different USB type though. Phones used to use Micro USB B also called just Micro USB. They switched to USB C that has greater capability for not only power throughput but data throughput. I know I'm rambling, but give EVs some time to develop just like cell phones and their development. It will come.
Fast charging kills battery life, cell phones get by because most people trade in their phone every other year, very few have them more than 3 years. And by year 2, the battery performance is in the crapper.
You would not buy a fuel powered vehicle that needed a new engine every 3 years, or less. Fast charging will kill the love affair of the ev. once the save the planet types get the bill for that new battery pack and see a bill for 5-10k .
An ev with a slow charge would have a much better battery life but that only work for some drivers. Fast charging is not needed other than for long trips. most folks work 8 hour shifts, give or take, if you could charge at work at the slow rate, then back at home, again at the slow rate, the battery pack will last a lot longer. This will never happen as those making the ev's want and push for fast charging, as they see the battery pack as a $$ stream , replacement part.
ev's are not the end all, for every ones needs.
But they will be a good option for some, but not till those willing to buy them learn that fast charging will be a costly side effect, I doubt if employers offer charging stations at work if you'll have the option of normal slow charging or fast charge. Ideally you want slow charge, but the makers of ev's want you to burn up the battery packs life span with fast charging, so this is a pipe dream.
Don't matter, they can't supply enough power to not have rolling black outs now, where is this power going to come from if even 1/4 of the national vehicle fleet goes ev, with the greenies forcing power plants to close ?
They are putting the cart before the horse.
We don't need ev's to "save the planet" Working from your living space instead of driving to a office building will do more good than the ev push. Same with schooling.
Frankly. I would be willing to daily an ev if I have the slow chargin option and they leave the fuel based vehicle alone for those that want a week end /cruiser that has the rumble of a fuel burn.
THey have no plans of that, they want to outlaw new lite duty vehicle production that burns fuel.
I am not cool with that.
Sponsored