Sponsored

California Special spoiler options?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Is that the MMD V Series one? I almost grabbed that one. The GT350 covers all the holes completely. Maybe you could find someone locally that would trade trunk lids? Could even be an Ecoboost car as long as it had the right paint. I have seen a lot of Oxford white ecoboosts locally. That was my back up plan if the GT350 didnt work out.
Yes. It's the MMD V series. It's very close to covering them. However, you can see the holes poking out just a little bit on the one side. I can also see differences in light reflection in front of where the holes are located as the trunk lid is dented upwards around the holes from when they were tightened to hold the spoiler down. The areas where the metal bends upwards is exposed even more as it goes out past the edge of the holes.

It was a toss up for me between the GT350 and MMD spoiler. I guess my options are to buy a blank and have it painted or find one on ebay in good shape. Another option would be to have mine patched and painted I guess.
Sponsored

helopilot81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 S559GT/CS
I have the GT350 track pack spoiler in black on mine. Covers all the holes and looks great.

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg
Do you happen to have a link to the specific spoiler you bought? I have the same car and would like to do this spoiler. Thanks

BruceJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special Coupe
Vicrez vz102133
Biggest thing is it covers the GT/CS trunk holes. Outer two holes will line up with the spoiler if you expand each 1/8" to the inside. For the center wing section either drill new holes in the trunk or drill holes in the wing to match the trunk. Takes a bit of work to install. Bottom angle of spoiler doesn't completely match the trunk. I used 1" blocks on the inside of the trunk to raise the trunk skin up to the bottom of the spoiler at its center. Replaced all the 3m trim tape. Vicrez applied it too close to the edge and it was visible. All said and done took me about 3-4 hours. https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-carbo...3-ford-mustang-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020/
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-carbo...3-ford-mustang-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020/
Sponsored