Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 California special
I am considering that decklid as well, but its currently $$$

So far I have been told that the new decklid part # is

NR3Z-6342528-CA

Where did you find it. I went to my local Ford dealership and they could not find it
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Cali Redbone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 California special

Sponsored

SwampCabbage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2021
Anyone know where I can get the California Special script emblem from the 2019 GT/CS? Or something similar. All I can seem to find is the chrome 68 replica emblems.

Picture for reference
/
8-jpg.jpg
Does anyone know how this comes off? Is it just adhesive when it’s the OEM badge? Are there any pins in the back that go through the deck lid and leave holes?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Does anyone know how this comes off? Is it just adhesive when it’s the OEM badge? Are there any pins in the back that go through the deck lid and leave holes?
I am pretty sure that is just stamped into the side with automotive adhesive so it should come off with a hair dryer, not 100% sure though. Benny @LevittownFordParts should be able to help answer this for you.

But why would you want to take it off the decklid? It is a neat part of the package since it is the signature script. I'd recommend keeping it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it's secured like the center badging on any S550 decklid - the decklid has holes in it.

The back of any S550 badge is designed and molded with extended pins. When the badge is inserted into the holes on the front of the decklid, the extended pins of the badge go through and are then plastic welded to the back side of the decklid. This method secures the badge to the decklid.

It's very hard to tell if that CS badge has pins or adhesive, but it looks very flat to the panel which I'm guessing it may have pins.

if someone has a CS decklid, post images of the back of it.

SwampCabbage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2021
If it's secured like the center badging on any S550 decklid - the decklid has holes in it.

The back of any S550 badge is designed and molded with extended pins. When the badge is inserted into the holes on the front of the decklid, the extended pins of the badge go through and are then plastic welded to the back side of the decklid. This method secures the badge to the decklid.

It's very hard to tell if that CS badge has pins or adhesive, but it looks very flat to the panel which I'm guessing it may have pins.

if someone has a CS decklid, post images of the back of it.
I have noticed the edges are not as secure

Sponsored

Fast Dan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT500KR, 1972 Mach 1, 2014 GT/CS, 2019 GT/CS
Anyone know where I can get the California Special script emblem from the 2019 GT/CS? Or something similar. All I can seem to find is the chrome 68 replica emblems.

Picture for reference
/
8-jpg.jpg
There was a guy last year or so that replicated them. Don't remember name but if you search back you may find it. I'm looking for some 19 GT/CS wheels and someone responded but I lost the thread. Would like to have 2 maybe 4 very good or like new condition. SE Missouri

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60