bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Just seeing the California Special Thread! I am a new member and throwing my 2020 GT/CS in the thread. It's a 400A because I don't actually care for the digital dash but, the plastic console has driven me nuts and I just ordered carbon fiber console and knee pads in matte finish from Forgitec to resolve that one eyesore..
1657894705428.png

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Just seeing the California Special Thread! I am a new member and throwing my 2020 GT/CS in the thread. It's a 400A because I don't actually care for the digital dash but, the plastic console has driven me nuts and I just ordered carbon fiber console and knee pads in matte finish from Forgitec to resolve that one eyesore..
1657894705428.png
had me do a double take...thought it was an M1! Looks great. Where did you get the hood stripe and wheels?

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1657894705428.png
I went with the 400A as well. I like the analog look. digital is cool but I'm coming from an 06GT that I had on the road since new to 2020 and loved that cluster. Old habits die hard :cwl: . I may eventually change the wheels but keeping it stock for now.
IMG_5407.jpg

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
had me do a double take...thought it was an M1! Looks great. Where did you get the hood stripe and wheels?
Thanks! I had the hood and roof stripe done by Beaver Graphics here in Phoenix. From my perspective, I believe the Lemans stripes and the off-center stripe are too much with the GT/CS side strip but, it still needed something to break up all the white. I like the Mach 1 stripe but, I didn't want it to look exactly like a Mach 1 so, the front of the stripe has GT/CS on it using the same red color from the rear script and no matte element. The strip goes to the very end of the hood versus slightly behind like the Mach 1. I also added the roof strip and matched the fade and ending of the GT/CS side strip and overlayed the red color on the side. I believe it came out pretty good and really improves the overloaded amount of white creating that storm trooper look.
I got the wheels from Element Wheels in Chandler, AZ. I spent more than 6 months looking at wheels before I decided on the Ferrada CM1s. I actually went down to Element Wheels with the mustang and looked at several wheels against the car. The graphite finish on the wheels goes much better with the fading side stripe versus a black, chrome or silver wheel.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I had the hood and roof stripe done by Beaver Graphics here in Phoenix. From my perspective, I believe the Lemans stripes and the off-center stripe are too much with the GT/CS side strip but, it still needed something to break up all the white. I like the Mach 1 stripe but, I didn't want it to look exactly like a Mach 1 so, the front of the stripe has GT/CS on it using the same red color from the rear script and no matte element. The strip goes to the very end of the hood versus slightly behind like the Mach 1. I also added the roof strip and matched the fade and ending of the GT/CS side strip and overlayed the red color on the side. I believe it came out pretty good and really improves the overloaded amount of white creating that storm trooper look.
I got the wheels from Element Wheels in Chandler, AZ. I spent more than 6 months looking at wheels before I decided on the Ferrada CM1s. I actually went down to Element Wheels with the mustang and looked at several wheels against the car. The graphite finish on the wheels goes much better with the fading side stripe versus a black, chrome or silver wheel.
saw the GTCS on the front stripe....it looks great. We need an overhead shot of the roof with the stripe fade 😀 I wasn't sure about my stripes when I ordered mine. Never been a big strip fan unless it was on a Shelby. I'm getting more tolerant with age :cwl: I checked out Element's site....lots of nice stuff. I had my heart set on a modern Torque Thrust wheel. Had them on a 68 fastback long ago. Not sure if they would look that good on the S550 but wanted something close to old school look.

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
saw the GTCS on the front stripe....it looks great. We need an overhead shot of the roof with the stripe fade 😀 I wasn't sure about my stripes when I ordered mine. Never been a big strip fan unless it was on a Shelby. I'm getting more tolerant with age :cwl: I checked out Element's site....lots of nice stuff. I had my heart set on a modern Torque Thrust wheel. Had them on a 68 fastback long ago. Not sure if they would look that good on the S550 but wanted something close to old school look.
Yeah, Element was great to work with. I was also wanting something that harkened back to my high school days and the original 60s muscle car wheels. I was really interested in the Shelby CS11 Wheels because they have that old school look but, when I saw the Ferrada CM1s they were exactly what I wanted because they had a modern spin on the old school look and the chrome rings and depth of the wheels look awesome in person. Plus, they are so easy to take care of and clean. I even wipe down the barrels every week.

Regarding the stripe, its actually really hard to get a good overhead shot without a ladder :crackup: So, I just ran out to the garage and stood on the ladder :cwl: Now, if you essentially split the stripe in two, you get the side stripes and I really like that element of the design.:rockon:

1657908963373.png

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Element was great to work with. I was also wanting something that harkened back to my high school days and the original 60s muscle car wheels. I was really interested in the Shelby CS11 Wheels because they have that old school look but, when I saw the Ferrada CM1s they were exactly what I wanted because they had a modern spin on the old school look and the chrome rings and depth of the wheels look awesome in person. Plus, they are so easy to take care of and clean. I even wipe down the barrels every week.

Regarding the stripe, its actually really hard to get a good overhead shot without a ladder :crackup: So, I just ran out to the garage and stood on the ladder :cwl: Now, if you essentially split the stripe in two, you get the side stripes and I really like that element of the design.:rockon:

1657908963373.png
that looks awesome! Sorry to make you go out and take a pic to prove it really fades! :cwl:
you know the deal....no pic ...it didn't happen! :cwl:
I've been looking at the Shelby CS11 too. There are so many wheel companies out there at so many price levels it makes my head spin!

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that looks awesome! Sorry to make you go out and take a pic to prove it really fades! :cwl:
you know the deal....no pic ...it didn't happen! :cwl:
I've been looking at the Shelby CS11 too. There are so many wheel companies out there at so many price levels it makes my head spin!
:whew: At least it's only 110 in the garage right now so, it's not deadly yet.

Really hard to decide on wheels for sure. This is why I went to see wheels in person and had the guys at Element pull wheels out to the parking lot to see how they would look next to the car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Recently did some refreshing to my 2019 GT/CS.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 122134.jpg

Last edited: