Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hi guys,

Actually, I have no serious issue with the Cabin Air Filter with my Mustang GT S550, 2018 EU version, just would like to ask if somebody has same experience like me.

I bought my GT from the Ford reseller with 15k miles already so Cabin Air filter should not be changed in accordance with the manual. So, I hit the point when change is required, but when I took out the filter, it has some really strange position and damage.

Do you think it could be some sort of strong suction or it can happen? Or just the mechanic before me put the filter in very wrong position and by using force?

Many thanks, and I wish you very happy weekend.

xXGXAqN.jpg

GHmJgWH.jpg
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It looks to me like someone messed it all up while replacing it - didn't align with the slot and tried to force it in.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
It looks to me like someone messed it all up while replacing it - didn't align with the slot and tried to force it in.
Agree 100% I've looked at videos on youtube on how to replace the filter. It appears that though not difficult to do, it's fussy and there is a trick to it. There is nothing that could create pressure enough to do that.
For some reason the cabin filters tend to smell mildew-y quickly, likely the reseller replaced (or tried to) it to smell new.

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
I agree with you guys. Just wanted to double check it here.

Many thanks and happy weekend :)
Sponsored