C8 trolling

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
that rear doesn't look good to me, looks like it got stepped on, maybe its due to being a base and not having a spoiler. im sure ill change my mind when people start modding them.
This is what happens when Ford lets a millenial design a car....it ends up looking rice, breaking with an iconic 50 year tradition (with no stick even being offered) and doesn't really appeal to the "over 50 crowd" which I am a part of now. But hey, Ford stock is junk status now, the company is being run by idiots from the top to the middle level and they don't even wanna build cars any longer for the US market so go figure... I'm pretty sure my '18 GT is the last new Ford vehicle I ever buy, unless they do a huge turn around and start making cars again, and address the lack of quality in trim panel, body panel fitment and paint issues.
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I'm not a huge fan of tacked-on stuff, but in this case, I really think it needs a lip spoiler. Not a big obnoxious wing, but something to give it the kick-in-the-butt it sorely needs. I'm sure the aftermarket is already working on it.

I sincerely hope those black grilles are functional. Otherwise, RICE.
They are. They pull heat out of the engine bay.

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I grew up playing video games (at arcades) but I was pretty disappointed to see a rotary knob where a shifter should be in this car. But they're all going this direction with their 'extreme' sports cars. 911 GT2....fantastically fast car, ugly scaffolding bolted to the back, and a 7-speed auto. I believe there is a scaffolding delete option on that car, however, leaving a pretty decent looking spoiler.

Technically, the auto trans is faster, but I grew up in an era when you peer through the window of the biggest and baddest from any automaker, you saw a manual shifter. Progress.
I think the rotary knob you saw was the mode selector. The transmission selector is actually hard to describe. Looks a lot like what’s in the NSX. It’s the chrome piece in the picture below. I had a chance to “test” it when I was still at GM and the Market Research team was going through various executions of shift selectors for wireless shifting. It was (IMO) the most intuitive arrangement. When you just lay your hand over it, you can tell without looking which finger to move to select the position you want.

3B36DEA3-4DBD-4825-B0F3-52484694095E.jpeg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think the rotary knob you saw was the mode selector. The transmission selector is actually hard to describe. Looks a lot like what’s in the NSX. It’s the chrome piece in the picture below. I had a chance to “test” it when I was still at GM and the Market Research team was going through various executions of shift selectors for wireless shifting. It was (IMO) the most intuitive arrangement. When you just lay your hand over it, you can tell without looking which finger to move to select the position you want.

I don't recognize this.. Where's all the crushed velvet like material?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't recognize this.. Where's all the crushed velvet like material?
For the upper trim levels there are at least 9 different interior / materials choices. This just happens to be one without alcantara. But if you prefer to see “crushed velvet”, then “crushed velvet” you shall see.

539A873A-49F8-4CA4-B4A8-A222BF7A70B1.jpeg

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

My comment about the rotary shifter was directed at the GT500.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like it much better with spoiler than without. Z51 package adds the spoiler. There’s also a taller spoiler available as a stand-alone option, but I like this lower one better.

8EA44317-98A5-41DE-95A9-26ADF2C103AA.png

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
For the upper trim levels there are at least 9 different interior / materials choices. This just happens to be one without alcantara. But if you prefer to see “crushed velvet”, then “crushed velvet” you shall see.

539A873A-49F8-4CA4-B4A8-A222BF7A70B1.jpeg
Perfect... I can use this picture to illustrate to my kid to never take a ride from a stranger.. Especially one with crushed velvet on the console, dash and whatever that thing is over the dial.

Deleted member 35644

I love high-end cars as much as the next guy, but I can't say I'd be thrilled about having that synthetic suede covering everything I'm going to be touching every day. I imagine that area with the cup holders and control interface, along with the steering wheel, will get filthy from skin oils and whatever else may be on my hands. Makes me feel like I should always drive with gloves on.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love high-end cars as much as the next guy, but I can't say I'd be thrilled about having that synthetic suede covering everything I'm going to be touching every day. I imagine that area with the cup holders and control interface, along with the steering wheel, will get filthy from skin oils and whatever else may be on my hands. Makes me feel like I should always drive with gloves on.
What do you do with buggers? Asking for a friend

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
You guys with your booger talk made me think of when this happened on live tv. GO BUCKS! LOL
external-content.duckduckgo.com.png
11.png

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
You just convinced me that I no longer want the GT500 I just took delivery on. Do you want me to just sign the title over to you?
Nah, I'd just sell it because I ain't got the room for the toys I already have. :)
Sponsored