Sponsored

Buying Used in the UK

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thought road tax on the 18 was £410 for 4 years then goes down to £170
£450 then down to £140 and for 5 years (payable for 5 years after the first year of ownership i.e. from the second to the sixth year)
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yeah people always say that till they get hit with the £500 road tax - oh i forgot the cost for having to fit aftermarket products to he front end so that's gonna cost another few grand! ;)
Some of us prefer the front-end, some of us hate it and some can't even tell the difference. :D

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Thought road tax on the 18 was £410 for 4 years then goes down to £170
Just to clarify; The first year is paid up front as part of your OTR price (circa £2k). The following five years are £450 per year, then the from the seventh year onward it's £140/year, if by some miracle they haven't put it up again by then.

OP
OP
tweedbean

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Well just been to Ford in Warwick to test drive a Grabber blue GT. Wow very impressed, couldn't push too much in the rain but still :)

They wanted around £39-40k for grabber blue, shadow edition, so has all the options and shadow spec wheels on 0%. I shopped around while there and found another dealer doing the same in red for £36,999. So I showed them that. They are willing to do a deal with me, but as I have a car to sell they basically advised to sell that then they will try to beat/match that price.

Shocked when they said £140 a year to tax, both my minis are at least double that. I know a couple of you had mentioned it, but I thought maybe a typo.

They have a triple yellow with black roof with all options, a grabber blue shadow edition and white pearl shadow edition.

In my head I wanted an oxford white with blue stripes, with grabber blue and triple as second choices. The pearl white wont work for me with blue strips. May call around see what others have in stock.

Fingers crossed someone buys my car, anyone fancy a 300bhp Mini Cooper S lol

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
If you want to shop around for a great deal then try Aaron Borg @ Sandicliffe Nottingham. He just did my Red Shadow Edition and someone local is trading in their 2016 EcoBoost for a White Platinum Shadow Edition too with him despite not being our local dealer. Let him know Michael Dunn sent you along via forums (If I remember right he is on here anyway)

Can also recommend James Rowe @ TrustFord Epsom. Did me a great offer on a red GT but decided to go for Shadow Edition instead.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to shop around for a great deal then try Aaron Borg @ Sandicliffe Nottingham. He just did my Red Shadow Edition and someone local is trading in their 2016 EcoBoost for a White Platinum Shadow Edition too with him despite not being our local dealer. Let him know Michael Dunn sent you along via forums (If I remember right he is on here anyway)

Can also recommend James Rowe @ TrustFord Epsom. Did me a great offer on a red GT but decided to go for Shadow Edition instead.
the 2016 ebm might be me... and the deal was albeit great; a bit steep in the eyes of "what I could do" to a EBM (£15k trade up) was the cost, whereas I could probably buy and fit a v8 in my car for less.... or; for the same money a fully forged motor with a big turbo and run 800 horsies:lol:

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Nah. He eb isn’t you but there is another making the switch from a local group :).

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks, I forgot to ask, do they all come with reverse cameras?
Yep - standard on all UK Mustangs. But not the sensors - they are extra or part of the custom pack.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If interested in used then I have my car for sale. 7000 mile My17 Gt with some un obtrusive mods as I want to trade for a GT350 now:
Arh cat back
BMR springs
BMR cradle lockout with steeda bushes
GT350R steering wheel
GT350 inlet manifold and air intake
Palm beach dyno tune.
Red rear lights

Want approx £30k for it.

OP
OP
tweedbean

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Yep - standard on all UK Mustangs. But not the sensors - they are extra or part of the custom pack.
Thats good, looking at the shadow editions so will come with the sensors.

If interested in used then I have my car for sale. 7000 mile My17 Gt with some un obtrusive mods as I want to trade for a GT350 now:
Arh cat back
BMR springs
BMR cradle lockout with steeda bushes
GT350R steering wheel
GT350 inlet manifold and air intake
Palm beach dyno tune.
Red rear lights

Want approx £30k for it.
Thanks but after seeing the deals on new ones currently, I am going down that route. Some good mods on that, would have definitely caught my eye if I went that route.

Out of interest, how have you got red lights? Imported or tinted? They are a must for me.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
They'll be tints, the US rear light cluster is not a straight swap. They don't have amber turn signals

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they are tints.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nah. He eb isn’t you but there is another making the switch from a local group :).
thought that may have been the case, he's been trying to shift that PW SP for a while ;)!
[MENTION=26320]tweedbean[/MENTION]
Most people who run rear lights in red have them tinted, if you want a kit I sell them (black or red) precut £30 delivered ;)!
Sponsored