BUYER BEWARE Alimize spoilers (eBay)

Pistonbroke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red v8 s550
The other half bought me a boot spoiler from this lot for Xmas.

The finish is terrible, there's no way you'd want this on your car.
Sponsored

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry to hear the part was junk.

Im probably in a massive minority here as my car is pretty stock, but generally I prefer OEM parts as at least they’re rigorously tested and have a specific quality standard to achieve. Yes Ford genuine parts are expensive, but you’re paying for that development, testing and a guarantee.

i bought my rear side marker lamps from Ali Express for pennies compared to OEM Ford parts, but its a gamble. will they turn up? will they look OK? will they fit? Will they work? They came out great, but it’s a gamble. L

quite often with aftermarket body parts the fit and finish is poor and it takes time to rework them to an acceptable standard. If you’re doing it yourself and enjoy the challenge, great. But if you’re paying a pro paint shop to do that, the net cost of the genuine part - which fits right 1st time , compared to hours of fettling with aftermarket works out about the same.

of course this logic is out the window if you want something different to all the other cars at the car show, but with aftermarket that’s the risk you take.

the best bet is to find which aftermarket brands produce decent parts. These forums are great way to find recommendations and provide feedback - as you have.

But even then, one mans perfect is another mans junk. For example Im not interested in detailing my car so my judgement of a ‘good‘ part is no doubt far short of the detailing guys expectations.

As you say, buyer beware!

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
The other half bought me a boot spoiler from this lot for Xmas.

The finish is terrible, there's no way you'd want this on your car.
How much was it??
Sponsored