Buy from Granger. It’s worth the effort

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
9 days ago we picked up my GT Premium from Granger and started the drive back to So Cal. Did we choose the right dealer? Yes! Here’s why:
1. I was quoted a price that no dealer within 500 miles would touch
2. When the car was delivered to Granger, Jay reached out to me to discuss add ons like PPF, tint, etc. Those prices were better than what I found locally
3. The Granger finance dept reached out to discuss payment options, etc. Their lender’s APR was better than my credit union
4. After making flight arrangements I Let Jay know when we would arrive. He offered to pick us up and take us to the dealership
5. The day of our flight Jay kept in contact via txt so he knew when we were ready to be picked up and taken to Granger
6. Jay arrived on time
7. At Granger Jay had previously moved the car into the showroom so we could inspect it in comfort.
8. CA registration requires the engine ID number. Jay had a service tech come In and show me where the number was located
9. After a test drive it was time for finance. Eric walked us through all the paperwork in about 30 minutes. The price was exactly what I was quoted. There were no hidden fees, no add on dealer extras, nor any of the other nonsense that some dealers play during financing.
10. Eric explained the differences between Granger’s extended warranty from Ethos and Ford ESP. The Ethos warranty was worth it to us so we chose it
11. Eric took the time to ensure we had all the paperwork needed for CA registration, explained how Iowa would be sending us the in-transit title once the sale was processed, etc.
12. After finance was complete, Jay asked again, for maybe the 20th time, if we had any questions or concerns. Note this was not like an annoying waiter. Rather, we could tell that Jay truly wanted us to feel comfortable with our Granger experience.
13. While we were in financing Jay had the spare wheel/tire I had brought with us inflated and installed in the trunk. He had told us when he picked us up that he would get that detail taken care of.

Would we use Granger again? Absolutely! And I say this even knowing the extra effort is it for us purchasing out of state.

I have already recommended Granger to two friends.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Impressed you travelled with the spare, I’m sure the airlines were thinking huh? Where did you order the spare from? Glad to hear it was a good experience, once I see MY22 colors, I might be doing the same.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
9 days ago we picked up my GT Premium from Granger and started the drive back to So Cal. Did we choose the right dealer? Yes! Here’s why:
2. When the car was delivered to Granger, Jay reached out to me to discuss add ons like PPF, tint, etc. Those prices were better than what I found locally
3. The Granger finance dept reached out to discuss payment options, etc. Their lender’s APR was better than my credit union
4. After making flight arrangements I Let Jay know when we would arrive. He offered to pick us up and take us to the dealership
5. The day of our flight Jay kept in contact via txt so he knew when we were ready to be picked up and taken to Granger
6. Jay arrived on time
7. At Granger Jay had previously moved the car into the showroom so we could inspect it in comfort.
8. CA registration requires the engine ID number. Jay had a service tech come In and show me where the number was located
9. After a test drive it was time for finance. Eric walked us through all the paperwork in about 30 minutes. The price was exactly what I was quoted. There were no hidden fees, no add on dealer extras, nor any of the other nonsense that some dealers play during financing.
10. Eric explained the differences between Granger’s extended warranty from Ethos and Ford ESP. The Ethos warranty was worth it to us so we chose it
11. Eric took the time to ensure we had all the paperwork needed for CA registration, explained how Iowa would be sending us the in-transit title once the sale was processed, etc.
12. After finance was complete, Jay asked again, for maybe the 20th time, if we had any questions or concerns. Note this was not like an annoying waiter. Rather, we could tell that Jay truly wanted us to feel comfortable with our Granger experience.
13. While we were in financing Jay had the spare wheel/tire I had brought with us inflated and installed in the trunk. He had told us when he picked us up that he would get that detail taken care of.

Would we use Granger again? Absolutely! And I say this even knowing the extra effort is it for us purchasing out of state.

Before I bought my 17, I spoke with a dealer in NE Utah. I wanted a new left over 16 in 'guard', with the PP, Recaros, 6-speed, and the price was outstanding. The dealer was completely upfront with me: Due to the high altitude, that car did not have the 50-state emission package and thus could not be registered in Kalifornia until it had 7500-miles as a 'used car'. No way. I was pretty bummed, but very pleased that the dealer was completely upfront with me. There are still a lot of good people out there.

OP
OP
drgnrdr33

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Impressed you travelled with the spare, I’m sure the airlines were thinking huh? Where did you order the spare from? Glad to hear it was a good experience, once I see MY22 colors, I might be doing the same.
Yah, the lady at the airline counter said she had never seen a spare tire checked as luggage in her 19 years at the airline. She had to call a supervisor who came to inspect it. Had to pull it out of the box, etc. The key is to remove the valve core so that the tire is not pressurized. Airlines wont fly pressurized air tanks, etc.

I was going to buy the spare kit from Automotive Authority but their site had an announcement that they were back ordered until Aug 29. I could not risk the likely shipping delays to get a spare in time for my drive back so went the Hyundai Equus spare route. Found one online, had it shipped, drilled out the center hole to fit, etc. All good.

Last edited:

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
6. Jay arrived on time

I had a very similar experience with Jay and Zach. Super happy with going through Granger and driving mine back to SOCAL. I didn't recall having to match an engine number when I registered mine at the DMV in person in CA.

Sponsored

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Yah, the lady at the airline counter said she had never seen a spare tire checked as luggage in her 19 years at the airline. She had to call a supervisor who came to inspect it. Had to pull it out of the box, etc. The key is to remove the valve core so that the tire is not pressurized. Airlines wont fly pressurized air tanks, etc.

I was going to buy the spare kit from Automotive Authority but their site had an announcement that they were back ordered until Aug 29. I could not risk the likely shipping delays to get a spare in time for my drive back so went the Hyundai Equus spare route. Found one online, had it shipped, drilled out the center hole to fit, etc. All good.
i had AA ship my spare to Granger (ordered weeks in advance). I was lucky i did because it was needed before the 800 mile journey back home was completed.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I'm reading your thread here, so are you saying this particular dealer in the US does better deals on new Mustangs? or is this a regional thing? I'm in the Midwest. Why do you take a spare? Does it only have a doughnut? guess it does.

OP
OP
drgnrdr33

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I'm reading your thread here, so are you saying this particular dealer in the US does better deals on new Mustangs? or is this a regional thing? I'm in the Midwest. Why do you take a spare? Does it only have a doughnut? guess it does.
Yes, Granger has better deals than other dealers. Reach out to Jay @ Granger on this forum.

I ordered the performance package on my car This does not come with any spare or donut, etc. Instead it comes with an inflator kit = small compressor + tube of sealing liquid.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Yes, Granger has better deals than other dealers. Reach out to Jay @ Granger on this forum.

I ordered the performance package on my car This does not come with any spare or donut, etc. Instead it comes with an inflator kit = small compressor + tube of sealing liquid.
Interesting, I posted in the S550 forum, I've been waiting for decades to be able to buy my GT, I see some good deals for new/used in the online car search sites but keep thinking about just ordering one. My holdback is all the production issues automakers have now and will I be just sitting around for 5 to 8 months waiting for my car.

OP
OP
drgnrdr33

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I had a very similar experience with Jay and Zach. Super happy with going through Granger and driving mine back to SOCAL. I didn't recall having to match an engine number when I registered mine at the DMV in person in CA.
i looked up the CA DMV registration paperwork. One form is REG31, “Verification of Vehicle “ that has to be completed by a DMV inspector. Item 4 is VIN/Engine number. I wanted to know where to look for the engine number in case the DMV could not find it. I don’t want to spend more time at the DMV than I have to.

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
i looked up the CA DMV registration paperwork. One form is REG31, “Verification of Vehicle “ that has to be completed by a DMV inspector. Item 4 is VIN/Engine number. I wanted to know where to look for the engine number in case the DMV could not find it. I don’t want to spend more time at the DMV than I have to.
Well, great service provided by @Jay at Granger to let us know where to look at inside the engine compartment. As an aside, from my experience, DMV inspectors have seeing it all and are quite knowledgeable. Don't know what has changed since 2017, but at that time the process was quite simple: Smog test first, appointment at DMV, drive car to inspection station, have inspector verify Vin number stuff, go inside and hand in paperwork, pay your dues, get license plates. Anyone with current experiences?

Last edited:

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I can't believe I just saw this post 😂 thank you so much for those kind words! I am happy to know that as a dealership we can set the standard in the automotive world and show how unnecessary mark up can hurt business. It is more than a transaction to @Zach@Granger and I. We want to make sure that you have a good experience with us from just asking questions about ordering to when you hopefully pick up your new car from us!
The positive impact we have on the automotive community excites us and we look forward to the 2022 order banks opening!

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I remember a comment by a member who took delivery from Granger, that @Jay at Granger showed him where in the engine compartment to look for the that.

As an aside, from my experience, DMV inspectors have seeing it all and are quite knowledgeable. Don't know what has changed since 2017, but at that time the process was quite simple: Smog test first, appointment at DMV, drive car to inspection station, have inspector verify Vin number stuff, go inside and hand in paperwork, pay your dues, get license plates. Anyone with current experiences?
Same exact process I went through last month.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was going to buy the spare kit from Automotive Authority but their site had an announcement that they were back ordered until Aug 29. I could not risk the likely shipping delays to get a spare in time for my drive back so went the Hyundai Equus spare route.
I just call AAA.......

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
I just call AAA.......
Don't they just send the lowest bidding tow truck to drag your low slung, no-spare-having baby onto a rollback, or do they pull the tire and patch it on the side of the highway? My downtime for a flat was 15 minutes, much shorter than it would have taken a tow truck to get to rural America :like:
Sponsored