Burning Porsches and VW's O'My....

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My Cayman made that same trip in ā€˜17ā€¦ may have been the same vesselā€¦?
The insurance holding lots here in the states that store wrecked vehicles place the EVā€™s 15 feet apart in case one starts burningā€¦ they just let it burn itself out since your typical Fire Department can not extinguish it once itā€™s burning. They donā€™t want the other stored vehicles being destroyed also, hense the 15 foot separation.
I wonder how far apart the EVā€™s are from other vehicles in the vessel? The ones in the insurance holding lots are also wrecked, so new vs. wrecked may have different spatial requirements.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So porches and Volkswagens are higher end cars imo for most part, so the buyers probably aren't really going to be concerned too much other than frustration. if this was a truck load of low end cars like Camrys and civics, I think this would of been a harder hit.

people needing basic cars and paying ADM on these darn things, they need every car they can get, not saying this doesnt suck. but honestly we need any car we can get to help fill demand.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
My Cayman made that same trip in ā€˜17ā€¦ may have been the same vesselā€¦?
The insurance holding lots here in the states that store wrecked vehicles place the EVā€™s 15 feet apart in case one starts burningā€¦ they just let it burn itself out since your typical Fire Department can not extinguish it once itā€™s burning. They donā€™t want the other stored vehicles being destroyed also.
ouch
Sponsored