Sponsored

Bullitt Red Calipers

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I purchased front and rear red brembo calipers from a reputable vendor. All parts had some scuffs to it. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't visble but some chips are pretty bad and since it's red, it really stands out.

Anyome have similar scenario? Should I try a Ford dealer instead? I opted out to order OEM to avoid messing with paint so I'm a little dissaponted. I've never seen them scuffed like this on a new car so I don't see how it can get so damaged.

71B608B4-9AC4-4F79-9688-99D15C158D9C.jpeg

EFB74C95-C250-4E74-A3A5-00860903AE45.jpeg

35D0B1A3-68B3-47DB-8733-9EF89200210A.jpeg
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I purchased front and rear red brembo calipers from a reputable vendor. All parts had some scuffs to it. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't visble but some chips are pretty bad and since it's red, it really stands out.

Anyome have similar scenario? Should I try a Ford dealer instead? I opted out to order OEM to avoid messing with paint so I'm a little dissaponted. I've never seen them scuffed like this on a new car so I don't see how it can get so damaged.

71B608B4-9AC4-4F79-9688-99D15C158D9C.jpeg

EFB74C95-C250-4E74-A3A5-00860903AE45.jpeg

35D0B1A3-68B3-47DB-8733-9EF89200210A.jpeg
It’s not acceptable when you buy new. Send them back to the seller
You’re better off buying them from a local ford dealer. No shipping charge and more importantly you can check them before accepting them
How was them shipped and packed? Each in an individual boxes?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s hard to tell in your photos, but are the front calipers damaged too? I did a quick Google search and found that RAL 3020 is said to be the Brembo red paint code. Looks like it can be purchased in a rattle can. Note: If the rear calipers are where the damage lies, I would feel comfortable painting those, as the metal is porous and it would be hard to tell that you touched them up. I recommend using multiple light coats to prevent runs. In fact, you could even hit the chipped areas with a high temp primer and then follow up with the Brembo Red touch up paint. Lastly, if you do spot touchups, I would recommend spraying 2-3 light coats over the entire caliper to blend everything in.

https://www.lvppaints.com/RAL-3020-12-Oz-Touch-Up-Paint.html

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Return to sender!

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Return to sender!
Intially, they were telling me that they put a disclosure on their website that due to supply chain, they're slated to have some imperfections. I don't see why they, as a vendor, would accept it like this from Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It’s hard to tell in your photos, but are the front calipers damaged too? I did a quick Google search and found that RAL 3020 is said to be the Brembo red paint code. Looks like it can be purchased in a rattle can. Note: If the rear calipers are where the damage lies, I would feel comfortable painting those, as the metal is porous and it would be hard to tell that you touched them up. I recommend using multiple light coats to prevent runs. In fact, you could even hit the chipped areas with a high temp primer and then follow up with the Brembo Red touch up paint. Lastly, if you do spot touchups, I would recommend spraying 2-3 light coats over the entire caliper to blend everything in.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was trying to avoid in first place, hence buying new and done.

If you look at the last pic, upper right corner is a chip.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Intially, they were telling me that they put a disclosure on their website that due to supply chain, they're slated to have some imperfections. I don't see why they, as a vendor, would accept it like this from Ford.
As I mentioned before were they pack, as Ford ship them, each in a individual cardboard boxes with the part number on the outside and wrapped in bubble wrap/brown paper or all of them in a single box?
I really doubt that they came damaged from Ford

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the info. That's what I was trying to avoid in first place, hence buying new and done.

If you look at the last pic, upper right corner is a chip.
I understand. It’s unfortunate that you have to even deal with that. Perhaps the fender may be willing to give you a full or partial refund (if you decide to keep them). I have the same calipers on my car. The fronts look nice and smooth and appear to be powder coated, whereas the rears look to be porous and painted GT calipers to me.

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As I mentioned before were they pack, as Ford ship them, each in a individual cardboard boxes with the part number on the outside and wrapped in bubble wrap/brown paper or all of them in a single box?
I really doubt that they came damaged from Ford
Ah, I see. No, the rear left came with the front and they had heavy bubble wrap.

They shipped rear right in a single box with part number but it was all paper. No bubble wrap.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Ah, I see. No, the rear left came with the front and they had heavy bubble wrap.

They shipped rear right in a single box with part number but it was all paper. No bubble wrap.
Often times Ford use a special type of brown paper
My guess is that the rear right is not damaged and the other ones got damaged because they did not pack them correctly. Heavy parts such as calipers need to be packed individually
Send the damaged back. It’s 100% their fault

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Just as an FYI... There is nothing "Brembo" about that rear caliper.

I had mine powder coated and accidently chipped them in a few places during re-assembly and install. I took one of the front calipers to an auto paint supply place. I had them scan the color and mix up a matching touch up bottle of paint. I can't even find the chips from more than 2-3 feet away.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Just an FYI from the data sheet on that page:

In-Service Temperature: 180°F (82°C)
If I'm interpreting that right it sounds like the color is right. But IMO, there is no way Brembo uses paint that shouldn't see over 180f. For perspective: rotors can radiate 4 digit heats, HPDE drivers use 600f brake fluid to prevent boiling.

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm starting to wonder if the vendor is aware and that's how Ford sends them, the "defects", and they sell less than dealership cost.

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I'm starting to wonder if the vendor is aware and that's how Ford sends them, the "defects", and they sell less than dealership cost.
I ordered I feel with the same vendor but only front calipers and they are arriving today. hopefully they are in perfect condition.