Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hello everybody, i think that is more a matter of feelings and sensations than comparing cuality.
Automobil world is loosing mechanical sensations in favor of electronic ones. I hate that and somehow cars like the Bullitt "give" us some old fashion fellings... V8 natural aspirated, rear wheel drive and manual gear boxes....i bet that 20 years from now people will realized ....but with the Bullitt we can enjoy at least a bit all that and quite cheaper ....
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Don't mind the threadjacking (to be expected) it happens everywhere.

One thing that I don't understand though (and maybe this is just me?) is people's love for BMW's, Audis, etc. . Don't get me wrong, I really understand that they have some very impressive performance vehicles, but in my opinion they are so bland I would never drive one. They look like almost any other sedan, and the coupes are just two door versions of the same basic styled vehicle.

I find it extremely hard to (nor do I care to) keep any of the models straight as they all look the same and are just a bunch of numbers.

People in some silly Facebook group i'm in where everyone trash talks everyone's car act like I'm insane for not liking BMW's or other german engineered cars. This does extend to japanese built cars too, but if I want a sports car I want it to look interesting and visually appealing instead of like a sporty Kia/Hyundai with a distinctive grill.
Exactly, it does happen in just about in every form. What's the alternative? As soon as you think it's going another direction, immediately go into a new forum?
I wish OP had made a poll as part of his post, but I guess maybe this weekend I'll jump on it and try to do a little chart showing age groups etc., which is obviously what this post/thread started as.

Yeah, I think BMWs kept up a status symbol or something to aspire to. I personally wouldn't buy one, with maybe exception of the M2 CS, but we talking out of my budget money.

We'll probably always trash one another's brand to an extent, even though sometimes it goes far, it's to be expected on car forums, which by default is visited by car enthusiasts or downright die-hards, right?
I remember a couple of weeks ago someone said they're leaving Ford to get a Charger or Challenger and that person got laughed out of the discussion.
I can bet you money that if one of us Mustang people would venture into the FCA forums and said similar thing, we'd get obliterated there too. :)

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Remember that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Many, if not most folks, acquire a car that is reasonably attractive to them. Others buy for status appeal. Some purchases are strictly utilitarian. Some who just see a car as simply a transportation necessity, may buy an inexpensive model when they could well afford much more. Some of us may have had a bad experience with a particular brand and will forever have an aversion toward that brand. So, just accept others points of view and accept that their opinion may or may not agree with yours. The color we chose is subject to similar sentiments. These forum discussions would be boring if there weren't differing perspectives, but insults are rarely, if ever, helpful. One thing I fail to understand is how anybody could not love a Highland Green Bullitt... Happy travels, Bruce

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi - Remember that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Many, if not most folks, acquire a car that is reasonably attractive to them. Others buy for status appeal. Some purchases are strictly utilitarian. Some who just see a car as simply a transportation necessity, may buy an inexpensive model when they could well afford much more. Some of us may have had a bad experience with a particular brand and will forever have an aversion toward that brand. So, just accept others points of view and accept that their opinion may or may not agree with yours. The color we chose is subject to similar sentiments. These forum discussions would be boring if there weren't differing perspectives, but insults are rarely, if ever, helpful. One thing I fail to understand is how anybody could not love a Highland Green Bullitt... Happy travels, Bruce
Agreed, to each their own!

And to respond to your last question, how someone couldn't love the car - I've read some of the Mach 1 forums and how people are starting to take deliveries and there's a lot of hate/dislike/trashtalking the Bullitt from current GT owners or future Mach 1 owners, despite there being fairly small (and don't stone me here) differences, esp between Bullitt and Mach 1.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Agreed, to each their own!

And to respond to your last question, how someone couldn't love the car - I've read some of the Mach 1 forums and how people are starting to take deliveries and there's a lot of hate/dislike/trashtalking the Bullitt from current GT owners or future Mach 1 owners, despite there being fairly small (and don't stone me here) differences, esp between Bullitt and Mach 1.
My last comment about the Bullit was intended to mock my message that everyone has their own reasons for what they like or dislike. It's just my tounge-in-cheek, self deprecating and dry sense of humor that not everyone picks up on, including my wife... Bruce

Last edited:

Sponsored

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's funny, but I wouldn't really say that. I've read there's a few of us in our 20s, then a few in 30s-40s and then mostly in their 60s...
I'm actually planning on doing a simple chart as I'm curious how it looks visually, the age categories

To each their own. I still can't get over how your Shadow Black looks purple in the pictures, pretty awesome. I've only seen 2 Bullitts in a year and never black, can you post a full picture of yours and also how do you wax it/keep it this shiny?
The black BULLITTS have a small amount of blue flake in the paint it is some times hard to see. but when the car has just been polished and in the right light it looks pretty awesome

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
Bought K1166 new on 6/20/19. I was 30 at the time. Almost 2 years later and she brings a smile to my face everytime I drive her. Guess I'm on the younger side of most buyers. I'm also female. Guessing there aren't that many female Bullitt owners.

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bought K1166 new on 6/20/19. I was 30 at the time. Almost 2 years later and she brings a smile to my face everytime I drive her. Guess I'm on the younger side of most buyers. I'm also female. Guessing there aren't that many female Bullitt owners.
That's great Nicole glad to hear that from a women enjoy!!!!.........Joe K1883

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Thread drift is what we do on these forums.

I thought about doing a poll, but am a bit of a luddite, so.............. lol

It seemed to me that a majority of the Bullitt owners were older, and it makes sense given the more 'mature' nature of the Bullitt over the boy racer striped, winged, scooped crowd, and the low key sleeper with premium content the Bullitt brings to the table. Biggest complaint is the cheap plastic that surrounds the radio/nav and some of the hard plastic on the dash,

As for quality, I have been mostly impressed with the quality and F&F of the Bullitt, and I find the panel and body fit to be excellent, but let's be honest, hop in a new M4, or 911, and there is no comparison. But at 1/2 to 1/3 the price, I think Ford has done a great job. Much better than Chevy or Dodge, and IMO is about equal to the Supra.

Perhaps I am still enamored with the Bullitt, but I am in a Mustang rental this week (work trip) and find it rather plain.....

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I am SOOOOO impressed that there is a young female in the US of A that actually can drive stick!
Sponsored