Sponsored

Bullitt AfterMarket Wheels Suggestions?

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So the Black ones and the Blue ones don’t count either huh?? These are just cars... not museum pieces!!...a true homage would be if you replicated Steve’s car at about $80+ G’s...then that’s ok!! Do what makes you feel good!!! They didn’t have Navi either..or heated steering wheel!! Take them all out!! It’s ok pal...these are just cars!!!

A805AB9A-6A26-4877-9A95-A418C28E41DA.jpeg
Yes you are correct, neither the black nor the blue ones count but I notice your wheels are true to the theme. Not having a go at anyone as obviously everyone is free to do as they please; it’s just how I see things, as a black or blue car with gold or grey multi spoke wheels is just another mustang, not a Bullitt. A Bullitt must be green, and as we are not talking about a replica, the modern goodies are fine. cheers to all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Sorry guys, I don't have an issue with any of the wheels themselves, only that I don't get buying a Bullitt, a car specifically produced to be an homage to the movies car, and then installing wheels that could be found on any car anywhere!! Just seems odd to me why you would not keep the Bullitt theme.

1605153283237.png
Noted.

Honestly, I had a hard time given up the bullitt style wheels, but I wanted:

1 - more contact patch
2 - lighter rotating mass (every lb matters)
3 - square setup for ease of rotating
4 - something cheap to replace (269 vs ~1k per wheel)
5 - something I could run 40 aspect on with a wide tire

Very few rims checked all these boxes, and I am still not completely happy with the setup. Personally, I wanted to keep the 40 aspect ratio, but not to many tires run 10 wide with 40 aspect.

If a company comes along and makes a lightweight bullitt style wheel that checks 4 of the 5 boxes, i might bite... Until then, Sig will be seeing more Cu & Sn.

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry guys, I don't have an issue with any of the wheels themselves, only that I don't get buying a Bullitt, a car specifically produced to be an homage to the movies car, and then installing wheels that could be found on any car anywhere!! Just seems odd to me why you would not keep the Bullitt theme.

1605153283237.png
fullsizeoutput_3ca1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3c6f.jpeg

No worries mate, IMHO the Shelby wheels don't take away from the Bullitt at all. In fact I think they are a perfect fit. I just prefer a little more wheel and rubber than the stock ones provide. I still have them and will include them when I sell the car down the road. I also think Voo Doo's Steeda wheels look amazing. Actually the movie car was not a deciding factor in my purchase. It boils down to individual preference I bet I enjoy mine just as much as you enjoy yours on the stock wheels.

Enjoy the Ride!

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Last edited:

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
@Bear_Stang are you lowered at all? And are they 19” or 20”. Sorry if I missed the specs somewhere. Even tho you say it departs a bit from bullitness, I think your setup is fantastic. So....I’m probably gonna copy you. Lol.

Sponsored

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
Oh. I looked again. You literally linked to the wheels. Ha. So are you lowered?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Yep. Details
Oh. I looked again. You literally linked to the wheels. Ha. So are you lowered?
on that are in my sig. Steeda HPDE / active Adjustable strut/ shocks (non-magna). But, It is going back to monster truck over the winter for a few reasons.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
fullsizeoutput_3ca1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3c6f.jpeg

No worries mate, IMHO the Shelby wheels don't take away from the Bullitt at all. In fact I think they are a perfect fit. I just prefer a little more wheel and rubber than the stock ones provide. I still have them and will include them when I sell the car down the road. I also think Voo Doo's Steeda wheels look amazing. Actually the movie car was not a deciding factor in my purchase. It boils down to individual preference I bet I enjoy mine just as much as you enjoy yours on the stock wheels.

Enjoy the Ride!
You misunderstood me. I am cool with aftermarket wheels like yours as they continue the 5 spoke Bullitt theme. Not married to the stock wheels and plan to go bigger as you have when I need to replace the tires. Cheers

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Shelby CS-11's are definitely at the top of my list as I want to retain the stock wheel vibe as much as possible.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Shelby CS-11's are definitely at the top of my list as I want to retain the stock wheel vibe as much as possible.
good choice....the dark coloured ones right?? I went with the polished choroid look for a while...didn’t really like it!! This is mine and another members car...

50979EA9-6F9C-4D7A-92BA-23D80D2FA5F2.jpeg

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
good choice....the dark coloured ones right?? I went with the polished choroid look for a while...didn’t really like it!! This is mine and another members car...

50979EA9-6F9C-4D7A-92BA-23D80D2FA5F2.jpeg
Either the gun metal or black but probably black.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You’ve already got Black!! Gunmetal is the Homage Piece!!!! lol
Yes but the gunmetal is a few shades too light in my opinion.