Sponsored

Build your own Auto GT PP?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I'm not sure if this was already said, but you could order a GT with PP and replace the manual transmission with an auto of your choice. That might be cheaper and easier than purchasing, installing and tuning all of the other bits.
There are a LOT of potential implications to doing a manual to auto swap on the S550. Computer/tuning, wiring harnesses, mounting hardware, drive shaft, etc. Not to mention the lack of paddle shift. And of course, there's the issue of blowing your powertrain warranty all to heck in the process.

I would simply wait for the '16. I'm betting the GT PP+Auto will be available. I think the main reason they held off this year is to give the 50th LE more exclusivity.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
There are a LOT of potential implications to doing a manual to auto swap on the S550. Computer/tuning, wiring harnesses, mounting hardware, drive shaft, etc. Not to mention the lack of paddle shift. And of course, there's the issue of blowing your powertrain warranty all to heck in the process.

I would simply wait for the '16. I'm betting the GT PP+Auto will be available. I think the main reason they held off this year is to give the 50th LE more exclusivity.
+1
Sponsored