Sponsored

Build / Blend dates of the cars having problems?

Ivabign596

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
I really like the new Mustangs, but have been concerned about buying one because of some of the problems that people are dealing with. I've talked to a couple dealers and they claim that since the Mustangs are now in Job #2 (I was told this was after the Feb 2015 hold), these problems should be fixed.

For the people that have problems does that seem to make sense? If I understand it correctly anything with a build / blend date after mid Feb should be relatively problem free. I've been shopping for awhile and I'd really like to just get the car, but since it's just a couple months off before you can order a 2016 I'm wondering if I should just wait.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

50 year GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50yr PP
My build date was 3/18/15; I had the rear fender/bumper alignment issue, rear trunk to bumper alignment issue, and drivers side hood alignment issue.

OP
OP

Ivabign596

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Thanks for the reply, I guess the QC problems are still an issue.

Did you order the car or pick it up from a lot? When you noticed the issues how was the dealers / Ford's response? I live in LA and very few of the dealers will even admit to any issues. I was looking at a Conv GT that had the hood alignment problem so bad that it was raised over 1/4 inch on the drivers side and the gap was so large you could almost stick your finger through it. When I pointed that out to the several sales people they acted like they couldn't see it and refused to admit it was an issue (even when I showed them how it should look by comparing to other cars on their lot). Needless to say I won't be buying a car from them...

My build date was 3/18/15; I had the rear fender/bumper alignment issue, rear trunk to bumper alignment issue, and drivers side hood alignment issue.

50 year GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50yr PP
I ordered mine. The dealer said to make a list, and they would look at them; then they took me over to a lot car, and showed me the same issues, and said that those issues were normal. I then decided to research the issues, and just fix them myself.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Build date on our GT was also during that long QC hold (1st week of Feb.) of almost 45 days. I have a couple of minor misalignment issues and a huge glaring one being the rear window severely lower on the drivers side. Otherwise, I love my 2015.

Ours is still miles ahead of what I have seen out there. I feel for those folks with major problems.

Last edited:

Sponsored

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FYI, cars being build now are Job #3 now.

OP
OP

Ivabign596

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Thanks, is there anyway to find out what issues are being resolved in Job #2 and Job #3? And, is there a way to determine from the build / blend date what Job # a car belongs to?

FYI, cars being build now are Job #3 now.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was a 3/9/15 build. Maybe I'm just not being as picky but I don't see any glaring alignment issues on my car. Of course some lines on the doors/fenders/etc are not exact, but they're really close enough. The rear window is slightly lower on one side, but it doesn't bother me at all. Tons of people have looked at my car, none have made a single mention of a defect. The only issue I had which I deemed needing fixing was the trunk to bumper, it was well enough aligned, but was rubbing when being closed and causing scratches on the bumper. I've since raised the trunk some (latch and rubber bump stops), it closes much easier. I'll take a look to see if it's scratching again in a little while.

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
If anything, Ford has a lot of the little nagging bugs worked out of the new design by now and as they build more, the quality will get even better. Remember that you are hearing one side of the story in many cases - those customers that are having issues. The ones that are not having issues typically do not publish that fact, so you may get the perception that there is a big problem when in fact there is not. That is one of the hard parts of doing research on the web - sorting out the true level of each of the issues.

Trust me, if there was a major issue, everyone would be discussing it everywhere! (Multiple years as a Senior Quality Manager at several telecommunications companies has taught me that. :) ) I also know that the Ford QA team is very good at what they do and they will be driving corrective actions to fix the the problems.

Have fun deciding when you will break down (and YOU WILL break down) and purchase your Mustang. :cheers:

BTW, my wife and I ordered a new Eco Premium convertible Mustang last month, and we would not have done that if we thought Ford had not done their homework or the car had major issues. We don't need to see QA problems at home too! LOL :D
Sponsored