Sponsored

Build a 2015 & wait, or hold off for 2016?

kaido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Dealers are having trouble finding what I want (EB Premium auto in Guard with Saddle & Adaptive), looks like I will have to order - was quoted around 10 weeks, so around early to mid-September. I'm in no rush & want to get exactly the config I want, although it does get snowy here (New England - with hills) so I'd only have a short time to really enjoy her before the snow hits if I hold out for a '16 (will be my DD tho...Blizzaks? hah).

Again I'm in no hurry, but it would be fun to put some miles on her before the weather turns sour. Any other tips for buying from a local dealer? Just read up on X-Plan, awesome stuff. From reading it up, it sounds like a lot of the 2015 redesign kinks have been worked out, and it doesn't sound like too much has changed in the 2016 redesign for the Eco. Although if possible, it would be cool to get a '16 & do a GT hood swap to get the fancy new blinkers on the EB :D
Sponsored

vr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
The chance to build and order a 15 expired a little over a month ago.

Reactions: 113
OP
OP

kaido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The chance to build and order a 15 expired a little over a month ago.
Well that certainly makes the decision easier, dealer didn't tell me that :D

vr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
They still may be able to find you what you want if it's not too special. What I wanted was nowhere to be found.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
If you don't care about Sync 3 in the '16, you should be able to get a pretty good deal on a '15 EB. See if they can find a car as close to want you want, even if it has MORE options, they would probably work something out to get it off their lot.

OP
OP

kaido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If you don't care about Sync 3 in the '16, you should be able to get a pretty good deal on a '15 EB. See if they can find a car as close to want you want, even if it has MORE options, they would probably work something out to get it off their lot.
Nah, in fact I plan on tearing out the radio as soon as a dashkit becomes available. So far they can't even find me a green one, so I'm not holding my breath for a '15 model.
Sponsored