Sponsored

Bridgestone S007A

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just sharing something I ran across window shopping. Seems to be a (fairly) new tire just below RE-71R in performance. But more specifically for us, it’s available in 305 & 325 30.

Just FYI. Sorry if this isn’t new info.

Any thoughts on it?
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I think it was to fill the gap from the old RE11, but I haven't known anyone to run it on track yet so no clue if any good!

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I believe the S007 were OE for some high end cars like Ferrari and Aston Martin. I have the S007A on my car right now. I generally like Bridgestone tires. Big fan of the RE-01, RE-11 & RE-71. Less happy with the RE050A runflats that we’re OE on my last car.

I did multiple autocross and a few track days on the S007A. They are okay. Grip and feel are decent but not great. The fronts do have odd wear. I suspect that the tread compound is different (harder) on the edge as it is holding up well but the inside tread is not.

Short version is that I think better options in 305f/325r sizes are out there. I was going to try the Conti ExtremeContact Sport but the 305 size has been backorder since last year with expected delivery currently in Dec. So I have Goodyear F1 Supercar 3 tires on order. Should have them on in Aug.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Too bad the Conti's are on back order; I'm extremely happy with mine and they are wearing great. I was always a huge 'Stone fan back in my bike days and wish they make the 71R in a 325. I'd probably give it a try. You never see GoodYear getting much love around these parts, but I'm guessing that Supercar tire isn't gonna be a slouch at all. I enjoy seeing people try something different than Michelin. I know they're amazing, but the look of the 4S does absolutely nothing for me.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
the SC3 tire is great, wears well and is FAST. prob not as good in rain as the conti but I've never used conti's.

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was so looking at the Falken RT660. They do not have a 325 but do have 315. Just came out in April in that size but I cannot find anyone who can get it.

Good comparison here:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=255
Woah dude, that’s actually a pretty darn good looking tire. And the only other 315 out there. Interesting.

After starting this thread, coincidentally got to see a S007 in person yesterday. New AM DB11. Not a bad looking tire. I’d say it should be an option for us, especially for only street duty.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I have the S007As on another car (Lotus Evora 400) so it's hard for me to say that they will work on the bigger GT350s but they are excellent on the street, even down into temps in the 30s, and do well in the wet, too. No track time with them but plenty of 'spirited' driving on back roads and they have been great. Can't speak for how long they will last (have about 4k miles on them) but they are also quiet and ride beautifully (waaaay better than the OE PSS in both regards). Even though the ride well, they have a nice stiff sidewall and very crisp steering. Also, they are a very light tire in a given size and fairly inexpensive.
Sponsored