Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not fancy or expensive compared to some stuff on here, but very valuable to me ...

My 21st present of mum and dad :

1606769925696.jpeg

It originally had the black resin strap and I wore it every day for everything - water skiing, out on the pop etc. Only time it got taken off was when the back of the strap needed cleaning ... :puke:

Completely trashed it, finished it off climbing up a rendered balcony on a lads holiday (full of pop) and it had turned so the face was on the inside of my wrist ...

Sat in my draw for years until I got it refurbished with a new strap, new face, new bezel, casing polish, service and a new battery.

The refurb was more than the watch cost originally. I think original cost was £160 (metal strap version £220 ish ?).

I still have the original box and paperwork etc, plus all the rework paperwork (done by tags service centre).

It was big back in the day, but by modern standards it’s tiny and looks like a ladies watch ... :cwl:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good day, watch enthusiasts!

3A7F271F-30A4-4770-B4DF-4CA51914DEC7.jpeg
I will get shit for this, but I had never really been a fan of Rolex’s (neighbour was always flashing his around), but ...

That I ‘really’ like ... :sunglasses:

The neon bits look that bright they are glowing in daylight !

Dare I ask the value ?

Cheers,

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I will get shit for this, but I had never really been a fan of Rolex’s (neighbour was always flashing his around), but ...

That I ‘really’ like ... :sunglasses:

The neon bits look that bright they are glowing in daylight !

Dare I ask the value ?

Cheers,

Haha, no $hit from me... the brand is not for everyone and most people may think it is overrated & overpriced. This is probably the least Rolex-looking "sport model" they make. Haven't seen another one in the wild except for my brother's, haha. This model is not being made anymore so value depends on age, condition etc. I'd estimate between 6 for a beat up one without papers and 14 for an unworn one complete set.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Haha, no $hit from me... the brand is not for everyone and most people may think it is overrated & overpriced. This is probably the least Rolex-looking "sport model" they make. Haven't seen another one in the wild except for my brother's, haha. This model is not being made anymore so value depends on age, condition etc. I'd estimate between 6 for a beat up one without papers and 14 for an unworn one complete set.
Honestly I've never been a huge Rolex fan either. That said I would not say no to the new Submariner, A nice Daytona, or an Explorer II. By the way the Explorer II is still available if you can actually find one. MSRP is $8350.00. Rolex's are exceptionally manufactured watches exceeded only by their merchandising and marketing.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not fancy or expensive compared to some stuff on here, but very valuable to me ...

1606769925696.jpeg

It originally had the black resin strap and I wore it every day for everything - water skiing, out on the pop etc. Only time it got taken off was when the back of the strap needed cleaning ... :puke:

Completely trashed it, finished it off climbing up a rendered balcony on a lads holiday (full of pop) and it had turned so the face was on the inside of my wrist ...

Sat in my draw for years until I got it refurbished with a new strap, new face, new bezel, casing polish, service and a new battery.

The refurb was more than the watch cost originally. I think original cost was £160 (metal strap version £220 ish ?).

I still have the original box and paperwork etc, plus all the rework paperwork (done by tags service centre).

It was big back in the day, but by modern standards it’s tiny and looks like a ladies watch ... :cwl:

I like it.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

1606769925696.jpeg

Looks good! Thanks for sharing.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I would totally have a new Air King. Aside from that, Rolex has an....interesting...reputation. Not knocking the quality or exclusivity of it not one tiny bit, but it has become the proverbial Lamborghini of the watch community; if you're a rich rapper and don't know jack shit about quality watches, nor have any style of your own, and you want to show everyone your bling, you buy a Rolex. There are total car enthusiasts that buy Lamborghini's just as there are watch enthusiast that buy Rolex, but this is certainly the ugly other side of the coin.
Sponsored