Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Nice, been thinking of getting the Zulu, Avigation big Eye Chrono or Longines Heritage Diver.

Can't go wrong with either of those. Mine dosen't get a lot of wrist time, like it should. I'm partial to my Breitling. Sported my Formula 1 Tag a couple days ago. Haven't worn it in a year probably. I have to many time pieces, lol.
Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
As long as I'm here, opinions please. Is Tudor a poor man's Rolex (does it rely on Rolex too much?) or it's own luxury brand?
I personally like the hell out of the Tudor Black Bay that I tried on a few weeks ago. It was a maroon face with gold accents IIRC.

Edit: Black face, red bezel

But honestly don't let other ppl's opinion sway you, get what you like!

To expand on something else, the Black Bay was 41 or 43mm...can't remember. Low or mid $4K iirc.

Similar size Rolly, triple that price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
As long as I'm here, opinions please. Is Tudor a poor man's Rolex (does it rely on Rolex too much?) or it's own luxury brand?
From what I remember, Tudor has nothing to do with Rolex as far as a company stand point. Correct me if I'm wrong @Bikeman315. I personally find their watches bland, but definitely a quality time piece.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Tudor has really upped their game now that they are moving to their own in house movements. Rolex is Rolex, period. Great watches at ridiculous prices. Tudor are great watches at affordable prices. I’d love to have a Pelagos. .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
From what I remember, Tudor has nothing do with Rolex as far as a company stand point. Correct me if I'm wrong @Bikeman315. I personally find there watches bland, but definitely a quality time piece.
Lots of history between the two companies.

Tudor has been around almost as long as Rolex. The brand dates back to 1926 when the name was registered as a trademark. However, it wasn’t until 1936 that the founder of Rolex, Hans Wilsdorf, became the primary owner of the brand. Wilsdorf wanted to make a more affordable, yet just as reliable, version of the Rolex.

https://www.thewatchbox.com/blog/tu... around almost,reliable, version of the Rolex.

Sponsored

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Many years back I was in a Kay Jewelers (That is how long ago it was!) They sold Rolex, Omega and Tudor. The woman at the counter was showing me a submariner and I balked at the price (about$ 2,500) back then, and I balked at the price and decided not to buy. She then showed me a Tudor and said this is a poor man's Rolex, and it did have a Rolex crown and caseback. She said this is a "Poor Man's Rolex" and that stuck with me. I was an idiot looking at the prices on either watch today. I really want to warm up to Tudor but her words have stuck with me to this day. All I can say is from the last few times I have looked seriously at Tudor it is starting to "grow on me." The recent move towards META Certification has really gotten me interested. Thank you for your opinions, Committed for a watch available in September, if it falls through I will be looking at buying another brand.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Redbull edition I’m guessing. :please::giggle:

Tudor has really upped their game now that they are moving to their own in house movements. Rolex is Rolex, period. Great watches at ridiculous prices. Tudor are great watches at affordable prices. I’d love to have a Pelagos. .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Scooped up a moonswatch to go along side my speedy. It's fun and got some nice commentary.

IMG_4592.jpeg
Congrats. I’m actually thinking about adding a MoonSwatch as a baby brother to my Speedy. Pluto is really sweet but my first choice would be Jupiter.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Congrats. I’m actually thinking about adding a MoonSwatch as a baby brother to my Speedy. Pluto is really sweet but my first choice would be Jupiter.
I was basically debating Jupiter/Pluto I like it and there's some great strap swaps that make it pop. I figured go with something I have none of being the burgundy and didn't want to buy the one that looks exactly like a "real" black/metal moonwatch. I was so on fence about the concept but upon seeing them in person I'm convinced it's a great move for everyone.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Here are a couple of my watches, along with one of my sons. I have the Tissot Seastar and Omega Seamaster 007. Raymond Weil is my
sons got to for dressing up on our cruises.
IMG_3206.jpeg

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Speaking of timex.. I needed a minimalistic watch. Most of my stuff is sporty plus one dress watch so decided to start slow before I make the plunge with something bigger/higher end for future dressy work stuff

IMG_4667.jpeg
Sponsored