Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I posted this up on the off topic lounge as well (and gave you credit of course šŸ‘)
Actually I have found myself gravitating towards Longines recently. I liked the Carl Brashear divers watches Oris offered a few years back, however really like the Longines "Big Eye" Chronograph and Heritage diver.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea, I'm loving the Longines also.
20210504_153116.jpg
Nice, like the hydroconquest line! Also, not trying to be a snob, is that the quartz version? I hear that the quartz movements are exceptionally accurate (around 300 hz high frequency.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Nice, like the hydroconquest line! Also, not trying to be a snob, is that the quartz version? I hear that the quartz movements are exceptionally accurate (around 300 hz high frequency.)

Yes, it's an entry level quartz Longines. Seems to be exceptionally accurate. Thanks for inquiring.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, it's an entry level quartz Longines. Seems to be exceptionally accurate. Thanks for inquiring.
My biggest issue with quartz watches is they always have dead batteries when I want to use them. I always forget to pull out the crown!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Go something rechargeable. My B50 seems to average 1% a day, maybe less. Charges super fast. Iā€™ve never picked up my watch and had to go ā€œdang it!ā€

Since Iā€™m on the topic, Iā€™ve often wondered whatā€™s better for battery life in this thing; keep it topped off, or let it run down and recharge? I asked a Breitling group, but didnā€™t get much input.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Go something rechargeable. My B50 seems to average 1% a day, maybe less. Charges super fast. Iā€™ve never picked up my watch and had to go ā€œdang it!ā€

Since Iā€™m on the topic, Iā€™ve often wondered whatā€™s better for battery life in this thing; keep it topped off, or let it run down and recharge? I asked a Breitling group, but didnā€™t get much input.
In general itā€™s best to cycle rechargeable batteries. This was a must for Ni-Cadā€™s due to memory issues. These issues are not present with Li-Ion but the manufacturers still recommend cycling.

If you really, really want to knowā€¦ā€¦..šŸ˜
https://batteryuniversity.com/articles

Sponsored

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

My issue, I have a preference to automatic/mechanical watches. Kind of like my preference for ICE versus electric cars. After all, ICE engines sound better!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I just saw this from a video on YouTube.

Legit had no idea this came out. This is probably the most beautiful watch I have ever seen šŸ˜

The blue and white contrasting is prefect (I noticed that none of the blue seamasters have a white dial. They are either gray or white/black) Normally I don't like the cartoon design watches like the Mickey Mouse editions but this looks so amazing. My funds are low right now which sucks, but I will prioritize this over that seamaster. I just feel like this watch is 100% for me.

Anybody have an idea on how these special edition watches go? On omegas website it says that it retails for $9.6k but on another website it says that its a whopping $35k lol. The other link I posted says that its not a limited edition so that gives me some hope.

1634342557879.png

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...-chronometer-chronograph-42-mm-31032425002001

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/10/omega-speedmaster-silver-snoopy-50th-anniversary.html

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I just saw this from a video on YouTube.

Legit had no idea this came out. This is probably the most beautiful watch I have ever seen šŸ˜

The blue and white contrasting is prefect (I noticed that none of the blue seamasters have a white dial. They are either gray or white/black) Normally I don't like the cartoon design watches like the Mickey Mouse editions but this looks so amazing. My funds are low right now which sucks, but I will prioritize this over that seamaster. I just feel like this watch is 100% for me.

Anybody have an idea on how these special edition watches go? On omegas website it says that it retails for $9.6k but on another website it says that its a whopping $35k lol. The other link I posted says that its not a limited edition so that gives me some hope.

1634342557879.png

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...-chronometer-chronograph-42-mm-31032425002001

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/10/omega-speedmaster-silver-snoopy-50th-anniversary.html
My suggestion is if you really want one contact your Omega dealer and hopefully get one for MSRP. Even thought it is not a limited edition, Speedmaster collectors will snap up all available inventory very quickly. After that the secondary market will get them and the pricing will skyrocket, quickly.

Edit: I wasnā€™t kidding. :frown:
https://www.chrono24.com/omega/snoo...MInJvfhdjN8wIV0fbICh1lmwc7EAAYAiAAEgIbU_D_BwE

Edit #2: Never mind, didnā€™t realize this was a 2020 release. Good luck!

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
My suggestion is if you really want one contact your Omega dealer and hopefully get one for MSRP. Even thought it is not a limited edition, Speedmaster collectors will snap up all available inventory very quickly. After that the secondary market will get them and the pricing will skyrocket, quickly.

Edit: I wasnā€™t kidding. :frown:
https://www.chrono24.com/omega/snoo...MInJvfhdjN8wIV0fbICh1lmwc7EAAYAiAAEgIbU_D_BwE

Edit #2: Never mind, didnā€™t realize this was a 2020 release. Good luck!

Just called all the boutiques in my state and a few nearby and its all the same. There is a list for the deposit and a long waitlist.

Looks like I missed out in this one, damn. So my only option realistically would be the secondary market?
Sponsored