Sponsored

Brake Caliper Color Question

no_moochers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT PP
Hey guys, I have a Race Red GT PP. I'm wanting to paint my Brembo calipers and I have a few questions.

For context all my badges are blacked out, and most of my lights/markers are tinted, and I have the black PP wheels. In the future I plan on having my roof wrapped gloss black and getting different gloss black wheels.

1. Should I do black calipers with red Brembo decals, or red calipers with black decals? Or any other color combo?

2. What size Brembo decal would I need to get?

3. What paint type is better: G2 brush on type, or the Duplicolor spray on type?

4. Regardless of which paint/enamel, should I also do a clear coat? If so, what should I use?
Sponsored

arcadewilco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I have the exact same color combo as you and I just had someone do my brakes: I went with the red calipers and black decal in the same size as stock (4in). The guy applied the decal and then did a clear coat on top of that. I'm not exactly sure which type of paint they used but it was sprayed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

no_moochers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT PP
I have the exact same color combo as you and I just had someone do my brakes: I went with the red calipers and black decal in the same size as stock (4in). The guy applied the decal and then did a clear coat on top of that. I'm not exactly sure which type of paint they used but it was sprayed on.
That's almost exactly what I want my car to look like! Those brakes look aawesome!!! Are your side skirts and chin spoiler painted??

Also, how much did the guy charge to do your brakes? And do you mind if I ask how much did the roof wrap cost?

Do you have anymore pics of your car that you wouldn't mind sharing?

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Nice paint (on the car). Spill the beans on your secret, please. Any film or coating?

arcadewilco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
The trim on my car is all carbon fiber except the mirrors. I had someone apply OptiCoat to the paint so that's why it always looks wet. I was charged $575 for painting the calipers. I had the wrap on my roof done free (actually in exchange for Patron Tequila since I work there).

I'm on Instagram if you want more pictures @gran_tourer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored