Sponsored

BOV question

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
I am running a Paxton 2200sl with a torque boost setup. Currently I have a tial on there but it's getting irritating. Will the stock BOV that came with the kit flow enough air? The car seems to drive better with tial but just to loud. Anyone know of a way to quiet it down some?

Thanks
Sponsored

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
Just to be sure, you mentioned the torque booster - that uses a wastegate, when you say BOV do you definitely mean the BOV or are you referring to the the tial wastegate that comes with the torque booster?

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
My BOV on the 2200 kit would not keep up running 12#s+. I went with a Tial aftermarket also and it definitely louder and more annoying. I wish a filter could be added, but it just pops open.

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My BOV on the 2200 kit would not keep up running 12#s+. I went with a Tial aftermarket also and it definitely louder and more annoying. I wish a filter could be added, but it just pops open.
How do you know if your stock paxton BOV is not keeping up? Im pushing 14-15 psi and I don't know if i need to go for bigger bov or no.

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Tial makes a quiet 50mm bov that is the same size as the loud one if your worried about moving enough air over the stock.
Does it still flow the same as the standard Tial

Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
How do you know if your stock paxton BOV is not keeping up? Im pushing 14-15 psi and I don't know if i need to go for bigger bov or no.
When letting off on high boost, the BOV will flutter quite a bit. I also noticed under full WOT at higher boost and letting off the throttle, the car would continue to accelerate for a split second or two. Kinda felt like the BOV was not letting enough air bypass out fast enough, thus keep the throttle stuck open.

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When letting off on high boost, the BOV will flutter quite a bit. I also noticed under full WOT at higher boost and letting off the throttle, the car would continue to accelerate for a split second or two. Kinda felt like the BOV was not letting enough air bypass out fast enough, thus keep the throttle stuck open.
Mine is fluterring bad when I let of under high boost. Im thinking if the QR BOV if its flows the same as Q but quiter.

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm running the race valve with no fluttering issues and I'm hitting 13 psi around 7200

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium