Sponsored

Bov electrical plug.

Stang4u2nv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP mustang EB
Can anyone school me on this oe bov set up. Its electric of course but if i wanted to vent to atmosphere with a nicer unit what must be done to the oe plug? Anyone have tried this?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Can anyone school me on this oe bov set up. Its electric of course but if i wanted to vent to atmosphere with a nicer unit what must be done to the oe plug? Anyone have tried this?
A Cobb Protuner can turn it off in the tune, if you use an AP. Otherwise, I think others have mentioned something like a resistor or similar. Take a look at the Turbosmart replacement. It seems like they have a solution for it.

Edit: Take a look at this video around 4:26.

OP
OP

Stang4u2nv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP mustang EB
Yea i saw that video. Now the trick is finding out who sells it by itself or what have others done in this case?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Check with Adam from MAP ([email protected]). They sell the Turbosmart valves, so he might be able to tell you something about the resistors and/or know someone that may have one.

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
all the ecu generally needs to see is the same resistance in ohms between the + and - easiest thing to do is leave the bov plugged in and zip tied out of the way

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Just a heads up, as long as the BOV is working correctly the car shouldn't see any errors and won't throw a code. I don't have the code disabled with our big turbo kit and it has yet to come on.

If it doesn't function properly and there is a TIP error it will throw a code for it. Simply unplugging them has yet to throw a code for us.

If you do get a code, as mentioned above a tune will eliminate the code as well as a resistor. Resistors do come with the Turbosmart BOV kit which we sell here:

http://www.maperformance.com/ecoboost-bov-mustang-turbosmart-2.3l.html

OP
OP

Stang4u2nv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP mustang EB
Thumbs up for map for a prompt response and not trying to sell me a product i didnt need. Props

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Thumbs up for map for a prompt response and not trying to sell me a product i didnt need. Props
No problem and thank you! If you do want a BOV to make some noise, you definitely don't want to use one that is setup for stock configuration. A lot of people will agree that the factory BPV is VERY annoying and upgrading to a mechanical should be the only upgrade you should do BOV wise.

Have a look HERE

OP
OP

Stang4u2nv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP mustang EB
Thanks a lot i just plugged the stock intake and left the stock bov to vent to air just to see it i like it or not. If not then i'll upgrade to a mechanical. Time will tell, thank you for your time.

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot i just plugged the stock intake and left the stock bov to vent to air just to see it i like it or not. If not then i'll upgrade to a mechanical. Time will tell, thank you for your time.
:headbang: You soon will be gauging your ear drums out.

PSH PSHHHH PSHHH HISSS HISSS HISSS PSHHH PSHHH hahah.

Let me know how it goes and thank you for the compliment!

-Adam

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I must have gotten acclimated to it because I don't much pay attention to it anymore, lol.

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
Hey guys,
Not to thread jack or anything but I have the turbosmart kompact OE replacement and I can't quite figure out how tight or loose to adjust it. I've noticed my a/f ratio has recently climbed to 20 during deceleration pretty regularly. The bov is my only mod thus far. Should I have waited? Any info would be appreciated.

P.S. I did have the p0300 code a week or so ago. However the light has since turned off.

Thanks

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,
Not to thread jack or anything but I have the turbosmart kompact OE replacement and I can't quite figure out how tight or loose to adjust it. I've noticed my a/f ratio has recently climbed to 20 during deceleration pretty regularly. The bov is my only mod thus far. Should I have waited? Any info would be appreciated.

P.S. I did have the p0300 code a week or so ago. However the light has since turned off.

Thanks
The AFR getting into the 20s off-throttle is perfectly fine. Any car will do that.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,

Thanks
I do 1.5 turns out from completely tight. Seems to work out fine. The AFR going to 20 is normal operation, it's because your not firing any fuel under deceleration.
Sponsored