Sponsored

Bought the last 2015 on the lot today

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Although I dont really use the NAV, I think it looks better than the small screen surrounded by 527 buttons. Plus rear view camera is easier to use with bigger screen.

You don't have to get the useless nav to get the bigger screen, just saying!:headbang:
Sponsored

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
last 15? I bought one of the last 16's 2 weeks ago. Ford announced internal dealer cash of $5,000 on all 16's. "Not on ford.com" it's internal info. Between invoice and holdback I paid $27,800 for my auto gt with wheel and tire package ($995)

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
^ Thats a hell of a deal.

I wish I could have saved even more for my 350 lol.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Not trying to knock your choice, your deal or anything.... but the car was the last 2015 on the lot for a reason. That reason was noone else with $30k+ liked the vinyl stripes.

BUT they knew the right person would eventually come along & like the stripes. They had already invested the money in the stripes and didn't want to remove them & loose the value. That said, ONCE THEY KNEW YOU LIKE THE STRIPES, they weren't going to come off the price as much. So you should have kept that a secret & in fact told them the opposite.

So, if you came in there saying... "Yeah, I like the Orange, premium, Ecoboost, but those stripes... (shake your head... sell the acting) Can you remove them? (and see what they say)" Basically, you're shooting for them to remove that "value added item" from the negotiation table. If they did remove it, it would cost extra money so they want to just give you a little credit for "taking the car as is".

Not saying you got a bad deal, just saying that you let them "mark up" the car for the vinyl when it was actually the opposite for them. It was the reason the car hadn't sold, and you could have not only not "paid extra" for the stripes, but got them to give you a little discount, since you tell them you're probably going to remove the stripes yourself. (just tell them that)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
If you want, I think you can buy a module that will add the navigation to your unit. I'm really surprised that there is still 2015 sitting on lots. It must have been tucked away. Plus the color and vinyl are more of a preference thing I guess. Enjoy your new toy.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
last 15? I bought one of the last 16's 2 weeks ago. Ford announced internal dealer cash of $5,000 on all 16's. "Not on ford.com" it's internal info. Between invoice and holdback I paid $27,800 for my auto gt with wheel and tire package ($995)
I paid $27,400 for my 2016 Mustang GT. If you want a sports car, this is the time to buy one as all 2016 sports cars on the market have huge incentives on them. Camaro 1SS for $30k, Corvette base model for $46k.

Not trying to knock your choice, your deal or anything.... but the car was the last 2015 on the lot for a reason. That reason was noone else with $30k+ liked the vinyl stripes.

BUT they knew the right person would eventually come along & like the stripes. They had already invested the money in the stripes and didn't want to remove them & loose the value. That said, ONCE THEY KNEW YOU LIKE THE STRIPES, they weren't going to come off the price as much. So you should have kept that a secret & in fact told them the opposite.

So, if you came in there saying... "Yeah, I like the Orange, premium, Ecoboost, but those stripes... (shake your head... sell the acting) Can you remove them? (and see what they say)" Basically, you're shooting for them to remove that "value added item" from the negotiation table. If they did remove it, it would cost extra money so they want to just give you a little credit for "taking the car as is".

Not saying you got a bad deal, just saying that you let them "mark up" the car for the vinyl when it was actually the opposite for them. It was the reason the car hadn't sold, and you could have not only not "paid extra" for the stripes, but got them to give you a little discount, since you tell them you're probably going to remove the stripes yourself. (just tell them that)
This....the salesperson was high fiving in the back after they sold the car to you. When I read the title for your post, I was expecting to read an insane deal....25-30% off MSRP. You could easily gotten the price down to $25k with just basic negotiations. If the dealer balked, then you walk. 9 times out of 10, they'll be knocking on your window the second you start your car.

With the information you provided, I'm almost certain they would have taken a loss on the vehicle to move it off the lot. You could have gotten a Mustang GT Premium for the price you paid. What matters most is you like the vehicle but you could have easily gotten $5k off the sales price you took.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Yea there is a dealer in town that has a 15 Ecoboost Premium PP still on the lot. $33.9k msrp and they have it for $31.5k. I'm like no wonder it still sitting there. Its a 201a but I'm like there is no way Id pay more than $20-21k for it since its already 2 years old and been sitting as long. I'm looking at a 2016 EB PP 200a that is $33.6k and the dealer is asking $25.6 but they just sold a similar car for $23.8k so that is my target on that one.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm not sure why anyone cares what I paid for the car, it's my money.... Maybe the thread title was misleading?
I made my post about my car because I was so excited to have a Mustang again and wanted to show her off. I thought a forum dedicated to S550 Mustangs would be excited for me. I didn't expect people to put my car down and tell me how I messed up by not getting the car for less.
I love the car, I think she looks badass.
She's fun to drive and plenty quick for me. I plan to make her faster with time. I might do an engine swap. The 5.2L from the GT350 could be a fun project.
I"m glad I got a premium in the end and not the base model I ordered. Since she's my daily driver all those extra features in the premium (note this is a 201a with BLIS/reverse sensing and enchanced security package) are just really nice to have.
I also like how the 20" rims help with the wheel gap. Won't need to lower her much.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I've thought about this post a lot since you originally posted it.

On one hand, most people on this forum are genuinely happy for someone when they buy a new Mustang.
If you would of posted about the good deal ($23K) you got on this 2015 EcoBoost Premium with "very unique" dealer installed graphics that appealed to YOU. Others on this site would of genuinely congratulated you.

But, the price you paid REALLY was too high. Some people think that pointing this out shows a lack of class or being rude. I can see their point, but I don't agree with it.

We should be genuine and real to each other (always with respect, of course).
For everyone to just say, "Awesome dude! Enjoy the new Mustang" with no one willing to mention the fact that the dealership is actually the one that got the GREAT deal off you leads to stale, fake interactions with others on this forum.

By coddling each other, we won't be helping each other.

After reading your post, I did a quick search on cargurus.com and found multiple new 2016 EcoBoost Premiums for $26K....took 5 minutes of research.

Forums like this should be a tool for others to get a real world sense of how much they can expect to pay for a specific model Mustang. This changes overtime. In late 2014, when the S550 was brand new to the market most people were paying MSRP or close to it...but now you can expect to get $5K off MSRP in most parts of the country....maybe more?

If you would of posted prior to buying and asked what others thought of the price, I'm sure most would of stated loud and clear that the price was way too high. They would of told you to go back with an offer of $24K. That might have changed your mind about purchasing for $30K? Maybe not.

With that said, I genuinely really do hope you enjoy your new Mustang! They are a great car. Powerful, fun to drive and a real heritage to be proud of. Lets all keep the Mustang story alive and well.

By the way, did you get your AC fixed? By Ford? What was the issue?

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Curious how many miles that car had sitting on the lot that long? I myself would be concerned about how many WOT pulls that engine had from all the people test driving it. I'm sure it was broken in like one of the rental cars.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I'm not sure why anyone cares what I paid for the car, it's my money.... Maybe the thread title was misleading?
I made my post about my car because I was so excited to have a Mustang again and wanted to show her off. I thought a forum dedicated to S550 Mustangs would be excited for me. I didn't expect people to put my car down and tell me how I messed up by not getting the car for less.
I love the car, I think she looks badass.
She's fun to drive and plenty quick for me. I plan to make her faster with time. I might do an engine swap. The 5.2L from the GT350 could be a fun project.
I"m glad I got a premium in the end and not the base model I ordered. Since she's my daily driver all those extra features in the premium (note this is a 201a with BLIS/reverse sensing and enchanced security package) are just really nice to have.
I also like how the 20" rims help with the wheel gap. Won't need to lower her much.
You picked the right car, it suits your needs and you like the mods the dealer did, take that ac care of and you'll be happy with that stang for years to come, and welcome to the club.:cheers:
Sponsored