Bought a GT350 that has been sitting for a while

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
OP never answered if the car comes with the warranty. This is very interesting for sure.
Where and how was the car stored?
Ya, give Ford Performance a call.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I try to keep it around 2-3K rpm when cold (under 120 degrees) and then below 6Krpm after that until it gets above 150 or so. Adn yeah I bet it would take forever in MN when it is below freezing to get the car up to 180 degrees.
It just will never happen on the street (180 oil temperature) when it's below 50 F or so. I drove my GT350 a number of times in below zero temperatures, so it does work fine when it's cold.

I didn't really like lugging the engine in the Voodoo, so I avoid 2-3k RPMs unless I'm cruising. Like I said - I would try to avoid cruise during break in.

Just my way. I realize it's not the only way, but I felt it worked well.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yeah even here in so-cal, it's about 50-60 degrees most mornings, i cant get it up to 190 degrees on street driving. i have to get on the freeway and keep the rpms higher to hit that mark. i mean i can eventually get it to 180-190 on the streets but it takes literally 25-30 mins of driving, and it'll barely hit that mark.

and speaking of lugging the engine, i have to say it's one of my frustrations with the gearing. i find that when on the fwy, i've got to get to something like 85mph to not lug the car in 6th gear (barely 2k rpm). but if i cruise in 5th, it's "cruising" at like 3700 rpms at 70mph or whatever and it feels too high. this is all just going off memory, i dont know exact speeds or rpms, but i do know i feel frustrated everytime i'm on the freeway with my R when i am trying to just cruise.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing wrong with keeping it at 2k rpms in 6th gear, as long as you don't expect any performance from it on the spot... I engage cruise usually and let it sit there, if traffic permits... But if I need to overtake or change lanes, I would drop to 5th or even 4th...

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How can they even sell the car without the recall being done?

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
How can they even sell the car without the recall being done?
They are not supposed to but I have seen it before. I had multiple dealers who listed Focus RS's for sale and available that day for purchase who had not performed the dreaded head gasket replacement. And I am talking about cars that were affected by the replacement. Dealers were like "well you can come in and sign all the paperwork and financing and then as soon as the parts are in we will do the work" or "just bring it in later and we will do the warranty work, no problem". Even though the car had been sitting on the dealer lot for 120-300 days.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing wrong with keeping it at 2k rpms in 6th gear, as long as you don't expect any performance from it on the spot... I engage cruise usually and let it sit there, if traffic permits... But if I need to overtake or change lanes, I would drop to 5th or even 4th...
yeah I usually just deal with it and keep it at 2k in 6th gear but I need to humble myself as pintos drive by...

OP
OP

Mero350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marwan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
thank you all for your insights actually it was very good to know all of these details. I won't worry much but I wanted to see what should I be looking for if someone has been through something similar. Mine is a track pack and I paid 45K is that a good deal haha? yeah couldn't resist the number and the car had all of the wraps and plastic covers around everything which I didn't expect anyways. couldn't say no.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
thank you all for your insights actually it was very good to know all of these details. I won't worry much but I wanted to see what should I be looking for if someone has been through something similar. Mine is a track pack and I paid 45K is that a good deal haha? yeah couldn't resist the number and the car had all of the wraps and plastic covers around everything which I didn't expect anyways. couldn't say no.
If it was sold as brand new with the full warranty intact I think the price is more than reasonable. Do you also own a 2017 GT350?

OP
OP

Mero350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marwan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
I sold my 2017 GT350 and regretted it big time. But I had it for six months and sold it for the same price I bought it for. Money wise it was not bad at all haha but I missed the car a lot and decided it to get a new one since I know it well.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I sold my 2017 GT350 and regretted it big time. But I had it for six months and sold it for the same price I bought it for. Money wise it was not bad at all haha but I missed the car a lot and decided it to get a new one since I know it well.
Welcome back!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
If it was sold as brand new with the full warranty intact I think the price is more than reasonable.
Yes, if you have the full 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year drive train that is a good buy. If not, it was not a good buy.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Maybe verify what warranty came with the car. Ford will be happy to sell you an extended warranty, and with the low miles you should get a reasonable price.

OP
OP

Mero350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marwan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
I didnā€™t care about the warranty that much since that the car is new and going to be exported. I arranged a warranty + scheduled service in here where I will have the car already :)
Thanks all for your input, it was helpful.

just one question, for the break in and since I need to change the oil, do I need a specific type for break in? Or should I let Ford here take care of it maybe? Thanks

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I didnā€™t care about the warranty that much since that the car is new and going to be exported. I arranged a warranty + scheduled service in here where I will have the car already :)
Thanks all for your input, it was helpful.

just one question, for the break in and since I need to change the oil, do I need a specific type for break in? Or should I let Ford here take care of it maybe? Thanks
The GT350 ships from the factory with Motorcraft 5W-50 Full Synthetic - the normal spec oil. Most of us on here, out of an abundance of caution, drop that factory fill at about 1000 miles (end of the break-in period per the manual supplemental).
Sponsored