Sponsored

BOSS IM and Centrifugal blowers

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Has anyone gotten a good dyno from their BOSS and Centri car? Or any personal experiences

This was a big thing to do with the 11-14 cars specially when adding a wastegate since you eliminate boost creep by capping it off at a set PSI.

I'm looking to pick up power past 7k since I have OPG/CG. These manifolds are a far cry from the GT350 price point and eliminate the IRMC's as well

There were gains of 40-70rwhp up top with the BOSS and Centri cars depending on the boost level.

PFA
Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
I have a BOSS going on right now. My car is a auto with Paxton 2200, long tubes and Circle Stall. I trapped 129mph at 5200'. Hoping the IM will give me a boost from 6000-7500. Currently shift at 7500-7600 and may bump it to 7800-7900. I too have the billet gears installed.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I will be installing my Boss IM next week. I have a 6-speed though. No track numbers yet with the kit. Also have the MMR Billet gears installed. Hoping for a 10 second slip when I do take it to the track and a 130+ trap speed.

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Do either of you have any dyno graphs? Any pics of how you notched hood??

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
Aside from the intake mani, is there an adapter for the TB or anything else needed?

Sponsored

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just finished installing my Boss intake today. Was relatively easy. I did notch the underside of my hood just a bit. Took all of 4 mins of cutting and hood shut no problem without rubbing on the manifold. Hardest part was unplugging the plugs in the back of the stock manifold. Got a tune from Lund this morning, so started her up and did a couple WOT pulls to 8k. One thing that was very noticeable to me was that the car wasn't as loud inside as it was before for some reason which I liked!!

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here is a pic. Engine bay is dirty and I will clean up the hoses more tomorrow.
IMG_20160503_174650.jpg

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Just finished installing my Boss intake today. Was relatively easy. I did notch the underside of my hood just a bit. Took all of 4 mins of cutting and hood shut no problem without rubbing on the manifold. Hardest part was unplugging the plugs in the back of the stock manifold. Got a tune from Lund this morning, so started her up and did a couple WOT pulls to 8k. One thing that was very noticeable to me was that the car wasn't as loud inside as it was before for some reason which I liked!!
I got my Boss IM on the end of last week and got a updated tune today. Wanted shif points at 8k, but closer to 7500. I thought I heard more of intake noise with the Boss now. Was thinking maybe because the charge motion plates were gone. Did you notice your boost go down with the new IM? I seemed to have a loss pound or so.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got my Boss IM on the end of last week and got a updated tune today. Wanted shif points at 8k, but closer to 7500. I thought I heard more of intake noise with the Boss now. Was thinking maybe because the charge motion plates were gone. Did you notice your boost go down with the new IM? I seemed to have a loss pound or so.
I noticed the car was more quiet for sure. I didn't pay attention to the boost, was to busy trying to keep it on the road.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Any better pic's of hood trimmed??? Want to put one on but I'm not hacking up my ride. Thanks

Sponsored

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any better pic's of hood trimmed??? Want to put one on but I'm not hacking up my ride. Thanks
Lol. It's not hacking up your ride. Look at the picture I posted. Look directly above the intake at the hood. That's the only part I cut.

You can buy lowering mounts or cut the hood. Your choice.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Lol. It's not hacking up your ride. Look at the picture I posted. Look directly above the intake at the hood. That's the only part I cut.

You can buy lowering mounts or cut the hood. Your choice.
I can't see in your pic that's why I'm asking for better pics. Not saying yours is hacked but want to see what it looks like.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't see in your pic that's why I'm asking for better pics. Not saying yours is hacked but want to see what it looks like.

I can see it fine on my computer and also on my phone in the picture. My car is black, but you can notice the rectangle cut above the intake on the hood. If I get some time today after work I'll take another picture.

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
You could also line it with weather striping so it looks more OEM or go over it with touch-up paint to hide the metal showing

How does it feel past 7k RPM?
Sponsored