Fastrnu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 & 2023 Mach 1
P
I just stumbled across this older thread and I am going to resurrect it.

As a previous 2013 SBY BOSS owner and current 2022 Mach 1 HP owner, I thought I would still add something.
I'm not sure if the OP ever purchased another Mustang or not, but I sure hope he kept his BOSS.

I made the mistake of selling my BOSS a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.
The BOSS is far from perfect, but strictly from a "Fun To Drive" perspective, it wins over the Mach 1 hands down! The BOSS is so much more analog/ thrilling and edgy. The quad exhaust sound (w/restricter plates removed) is perfect!

I know the Mach 1 has all the BOSS performance numbers beat, but other than the my Mach 1 HPs insane amount of grip, the numbers are still close. Actually to me, the BOSS feels quicker to 100mph.

Where the Mach 1 really stands out/shines is in its "track readiness" and in its MUCH more refined/comfortable nature. The Mach can do daily driving duty no problem. Having the great Tremec transmission is another huge plus.
As a primary vehicle or dedicated track toy (crazy that it can do BOTH so well) the Mach 1 is the clear choice.
BUT it cost me twice as much money ($62K for the Mach vs $31K for the BOSS) and its only half as much fun!
As a second vehicle/weekend warrior/"B road" bomber.. the BOSS is damn hard to beat.

I'm not hating on the Mach 1 at all. Its a comfortable/ capable high performance car.
I like it... I just don't love it.

I LOVED my BOSS.
Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
I just stumbled across this older thread and I am going to resurrect it.

As a previous 2013 SBY BOSS owner and current 2022 Mach 1 HP owner, I thought I would still add something.
I'm not sure if the OP ever purchased another Mustang or not, but I sure hope he kept his BOSS.

I made the mistake of selling my BOSS a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.
The BOSS is far from perfect, but strictly from a "Fun To Drive" perspective, it wins over the Mach 1 hands down! The BOSS is so much more analog/ thrilling and edgy. The quad exhaust sound (w/restricter plates removed) is perfect!

I know the Mach 1 has all the BOSS performance numbers beat, but other than the my Mach 1 HPs insane amount of grip, the numbers are still close. Actually to me, the BOSS feels quicker to 100mph.

Where the Mach 1 really stands out/shines is in its "track readiness" and in its MUCH more refined/comfortable nature. The Mach can do daily driving duty no problem. Having the great Tremec transmission is another huge plus.
As a primary vehicle or dedicated track toy (crazy that it can do BOTH so well) the Mach 1 is the clear choice.
BUT it cost me twice as much money ($62K for the Mach vs $31K for the BOSS) and its only half as much fun!
As a second vehicle/weekend warrior/"B road" bomber.. the BOSS is damn hard to beat.

I'm not hating on the Mach 1 at all. Its a comfortable/ capable high performance car.
I like it... I just don't love it.

I LOVED my BOSS.
I haven't owned a Boss (yet) but do have a 2011 GT that I've built up for track duty with Boss inspiration and hardware. I also have a 2021 Mach 1 HP that I track. Your assessment echos my feelings exactly. And I know quite a few guys that regret selling their Bosses for the exact same reasons.

I find my 2011 to be more fun, hands down. It has a spirited unrefined feel to it that the Mach misses. However, I still love the Mach for being so good and balaced at what it was designed to do. I hate the MT82 transmission though in the 2011 and will change it to a Tremec once it grenades. I also always have my eyes open for a good deal on a real Boss... preferably school bus yellow. You can't beat the look of those hockey stick stripes đź‘Ś

Fastrnu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 & 2023 Mach 1
I'm blessed to have a 2012 Boss and a 2023 M1 A10. Love them both and like siblings, have similar DNA but very different personalities!

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I just picked up a 2022 Mach 1 manual with the handling pack. I really enjoy driving it. Love the Tremec and the auto rev match. My Boss has a Whipple and is the one car I could never get rid of.
IMG_0472.jpeg

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
When the gt350 came out I figured the price of a used boss would drop like a rock. Never dropped like I thought it would. Then went up. Supply and demand.
Sponsored