Sponsored

Used 2012 Boss 302 or 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah I agree with the other posters. Boss is for if you don't want to drive it and it will mostly sit in your garage possibly appreciating in value. 2015 if you are going to drive it a lot.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Now that delivery on my '15 has been pushed back for a second time and a pristine red '12 Boss has surfaced locally, I'm really starting to have second thoughts on the '15.....

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i owned a boss and the 15 is no comparison it is that much better of a car. the unibody of the 15 is so much stiffer which makes it drive much better. my 12 boss i had flexed a lot up in the cowl area plus the interior is blah. the side exit was awesome and the adj shocks but the PP is damn good out of the box.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I was trying to make the same decision, 2012 nearly new Boss vs the 2015 GT PP. I ended up with the 2015 because its a significantly nicer car for daily driving, plus my wife didn't like the old one and loved the new one, so made it a lot easier to justify the payments. It was also a lot less expensive compared to a Boss with Recaros and LSD and in showroom condition.

But I will say that a Boss will depreciate much less than a 2015, as long as you don't use it too much. If you are buying a track toy and weekend driver that will only get used part time, I could see going with the Boss. But if you are going to use it every day, you will probably prefer the 2015.

I will even go one further... if you are never going to track this car, I am not sure I would go with the PP or the Recaros. The regular seats are more comfortable, and the PP is kind of harsh on bad roads. And keeping the PP wheels clean has been an exercise in frustration!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
S550 because it performs the same, just a lot safer if something happens.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Get the Boss and drive it like you stole it. I don't understand people talking about "Keep it in the garage and don't put miles on it"

Why? So when you're 80 you can sell it to someone and make some money?
That's so damn stupid. you live once. who cares if you made a profit when you're damn near dead. That's my 2 cents

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
I drove a 2012 Boss @ Carmax in 2013. It was nice and going for 37,000 with 1000 miles on it. I chose the used cheaper 2007 Shelby GT with 8,000 miles for lower price and limited numbers as well. Guess what, I didn't drive it. I ended up selling it, because I didn't enjoy having it worrying about long term value.

I purchased the 2015 GTPP and drive it much more. It isn't my daily driver, but eventually it will be when the Nissan dies.

However, I think If I like to be the old guy that show up at cars in 30 years, the Boss 302 will be way cooler. However, don't go into it thinking you are going to make a buck later on. You will be disappointed, and like others said money will be better invested elsewhere.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with most of the posters here. Depends on what your plans are for the car. If you want a daily driver get the newer Mustang. If you want a weekend car to take to car shows and have fun with, get the Boss. The Boss is a more rare Mustang and will probably be worth more in the future. Drive both and see what you think. The S550 Mustang with PP will compete with the Boss on the track, so Ford says. Except for the lack of transmission cooler. So again which car you get depends on what you intend to do with it. Also get a Mustang GT with the PP package if you are thinking of a Boss Mustang.

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
I bought a '13 Boss 302 new. Best solid axle car Ford ever made. My '19 PP2 will be built the last week of February. It was a hard decision, driving solid axle cars my whole life, and also owning a early G.T.350 but the new car with the PP2 package will be a much better car to drive. The Recaros are killing my back and the S197 platform's interior is quite cramped for a guy my size. I'll miss my Boss, but I'm excited about the PP2.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Jesus, this thread was brought back to life after nearly 4 years. Lol.

Wonder what the OP chose...

Anyway, since it’s been brought back up, tough choice. Subjective to everyone’s opinion, the S550 could be painted with dogshit and it would still look phenomenal. The Boss is a special car and as another post noted, probably very analog compared to the S550. That’s not a bad thing. It’s rowdy and was the king of the NA Mustangs until 2018.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Jesus, this thread was brought back to life after nearly 4 years. Lol.

Wonder what the OP chose...

Anyway, since it’s been brought back up, tough choice. Subjective to everyone’s opinion, the S550 could be painted with dogshit and it would still look phenomenal. The Boss is a special car and as another post noted, probably very analog compared to the S550. That’s not a bad thing. It’s rowdy and was the king of the NA Mustangs until 2018.

Looks like he chose a 2016 Fiesta ST

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
I drove them both, the IRS in the S550 makes them a superior car IMHO.
Sponsored